Environmental, Health & Safety Placement 2021
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? We have a fantastic opportunity for a 12-month placement student to join our Environmental, Health and Safety & Facility (EHS&F) team from Summer 2021 at Siemens Healthineers Sudbury. We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled, and happier lives. Healthineers in Sudbury are the global leader in our field, placing Blood gas and urinalysis equipment systems around the world.
The Environmental, Health and Safety & Facilities (EHS&F) department is in place to provide expertise in EHS legislation and best practice and advise on necessary process changes in the business. Furthermore, by routine audit, measurement, and good communication, we help ensure the business is aware of our EHS standards. We also encourage and support the implementation of appropriate corrective and improvement action as necessary. Our integrated EHS and facilities department allows rapid resolution of issues impacting our business.
- To work through some minor EHS projects liaising with other departments as required.
- Help align our EHS management systems to internal and external standards.
- Completion of factory / workplace inspections and support with more detailed audits.
- Providing induction and training, such as our company EHS induction and awareness training with staff.
- Assisting with business improvement initiatives – Such as our Zero Harm Culture strategy and environmental activities.
- Supporting manufacturing changes and providing EHS support.
- Propose ideas and organise activities as an active member of our wellbeing team.
- Identifying areas of improvement and be an advocate for excellence in EHS.
- You will be studying towards a degree in Environmental Studies, EHS Management, Environmental Engineering and working towards achieving a 2:1 or above and looking to complete a summer placement as part of your degree.
- Have a passion for protecting the environment, and health, safety and wellbeing of others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A good team player whilst also being able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Good problem-solving and reasoning skills.
- Strong time management and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Competent with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc,
- Work-based experience in a highly regulated, safety critical environment is desirable.
- A basic understanding of the requirements in ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 is preferable but not essential.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostics and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Being part of our team
Siemens Healthineers, Sudbury has started welcoming students, and they are genuinely valued across the business. Doing your internship with us involves a mixture of different work from being at a desk in the office to working in the factories. We have a real sense of pride in all we do, and we want you to share this pride.
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas. We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
- A competitive internship salary.
- 26 days holiday.
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover.
- Generous pension contributions.
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year.
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme.
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives and you will join a diverse network of graduate and early career professionals.
What else do I need to know?
- The internship will take place over 12 months starting in June – Sept 2021.
- In our rural setting 2 miles from Sudbury, there’s on-site parking.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so please apply early to avoid disappointment.