Application Support Analyst London 2023
Sinara Consultants are recruiting skilled, adaptable and inquisitive Application Support Analysts to join our application support team. You will be supporting a number of our business-critical applications, providing third-line support to a variety of customers. The role requires availability outside of working hours on a rotational basis.
About the role
You will be responsible for analysing, prioritising and resolving customer support Incidents which may be application, data or system related.
The primary duties of this job comprise:
- Analysing and prioritising Incidents reported by our customers
- Conducting investigations to provide a solution or a short-term workaround
- Liaising with our developers when potential software defects are identified
- Communicating with the customer until Incident resolution
The role also includes the following additional responsibilities:
- Pro-actively maintaining support material
- Contributing to customer service performance reports
- Documenting routine change requests
- Undertaking routine data or system configuration tasks
- Working alongside the developers undertaking application and system testing
You will have at least one year’s experience working in a customer facing support role in an IT environment. Although your academic qualifications are not critically important, you will be dealing with technically able colleagues who set high standards. We are not looking for any specific knowledge or certification but you will need to demonstrate some relevant experience.
Your essential skills
The qualities we are looking for include:
- A general understanding of Microsoft Windows infrastructure is essential, including Web Service technologies
- A good understanding of SQL Server databases
- The ability to construct relatively complex SQL queries
- An enthusiasm for getting the job done without compromising accuracy or quality
- The ability to learn quickly those concepts with which you are unfamiliar
- A fine attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication
- Effective time management and organisational skills
Your desirable skills
Knowledge of financial trading and market data would be useful but is not essential.
You may have a software development, system or database administration background but will be keen to move to an application support role with a broader knowledge base. Our specialist applications are varied and you will need to acquire a general understanding of the underlying business processes and data structures.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week. We are currently working on a flexible hybrid workplace basis.
Sinara is a well-established London-based software house providing software development services and software products to exchanges, financial institutions and market data vendors. We combine strong technical expertise with a pragmatic, flexible approach to deliver and support business-critical IT systems. We are based just south of Tower Bridge and are well located in the thriving Bermondsey district with excellent transport links including quick and easy access to London Bridge.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or relationship status.