Graduate Process Engineer Development Programme Peterborough 2024
We are excited to launch our Graduate roles, starting in September 2024!
Are you ready to kickstart your career in a team where you can make a difference?
Join Skanska, a part of @one Alliance, where we think of innovative ways to keep the water flowing for years to come.
We are on the look out for two Graduate Process Engineers who will gain a holistic understanding of the @one Alliance and contribute to development of solutions and suitable designs of Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants and/or sewerage/water systems that achieve the goals of Anglian Water in terms of customer, environment, and efficiency.
What you’ll do
- Have responsibility for consistently high-quality work and contributing to the overall effectiveness of the team whilst complying with POSWSH/POSWASTE
- Collaborate with the design team to develop 3D models and solutions
- Work in collaboration with other disciplines to develop and detail appropriate solutions, you’ll adopt the principles of excellence in design based on the industry leading approaches practiced by the @one Alliance engineering team
- Support the team in the drive towards excellence in Health & Safety, demonstrating applied knowledge & skills to produce safe designs to discharge obligation according to CDM Regulations
- Proactively and reactively champion the need to deliver technical excellence ensuring the importance is understood and implemented across projects
- Work alongside experienced engineers with various design disciplines to develop industry leading solutions
- Have the opportunity to take part in this two-year graduate programme which will help you build on your degree and establish a career where you’ll have the freedom to learn, achieve your ambitions, and leave your mark on the communities in which we work
- Be accountable for your own development by working outside of natural comfort zones and learning from mistakes
- Utilise your presence in different teams to share knowledge and create efficiencies where possible
Who you are
- You will hold or be in your final year of achieving a degree in water/wastewater process science/engineering-related subject, however, we can be flexible. We are more focused on your motivation, values and forward thinking.
- Always operating with the customer at the heart of what you do
- You enjoy working with data and analysis to underpin your ideas
- Enthusiastic about learning, personal and professional growth
- You have a strong interest in sustainability
- You have a desire to make a positive impact by working collaboratively towards shared goals and targets
- Motivated to solve complex engineering challenges with the ability to think ‘outside the box’
What we offer
- Clear learning and development opportunities to build your knowledge, skills, and behaviours to prepare you for a successful and happy career
- Support and guidance from experienced leaders and teams
- Professional and social events
- Opportunities to volunteer in the local community at least one day per year
- Support to achieve your professional accreditation and expenses covered for the professional membership of your choice
- Access to our employee networks - these include: Womxn’s, Ability, Pride network, O.N.E (Origins Nationality Ethnicity, Military and Mental Health networks
- My Rewards – an array of retail, dining, well-being and travel discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Cost of living support through salary finance
- Flex-It programme to achieve a work life balance
- You would be joining a mental health aware organisation where we offer wellbeing support through our employee assistance programme; mental health ambassador network and awareness discussions
- Opportunities to find an area of our business in which you thrive and are passionate about
Skanska Group uses knowledge and foresight to shape the way people live, work and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we are one of the world’s largest development and construction companies. We create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime. Established in the UK in 2000, Skanska has more than 3,300 local experts delivering projects across sectors including real estate, defence, education, highways, rail and water.