Graduate Site Engineer Development Programme Peterborough 2024
We are excited to launch our Graduate roles, starting in September 2024!
Are you ready to kickstart your career in a team where you can make a difference?
Join Skanska, a part of @one Alliance, where we think of innovative ways to keep the water flowing for years to come.
We are on the look out for two Graduate Site Engineers to join our team, you will be supported and guided from experienced engineers and site professionals as you work in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure our designs and solutions are correct and built on site. You’ll learn and adopt industry leading approaches practiced by the @one Alliance Delivery team.
What you’ll do
- Leading our teams towards safety, quality and project targets, you’ll work with transparency and lead by example whilst ensuring we strive towards our outperformance targets.
- Ensure work carried out meets the @one alliance requirements through a range of activities which you will learn through dedicated training. These include; site inspections, reviewing method statements, risk assessments and delivering toolbox talks
- Ensuring the construction and installation teams understand what is required and fulfil specifications whilst working alongside our site managers to ensure the safe delivery of our works
- Management of quality on site, including inspections and reports
- Check quality of finished products delivered by teams ensuring product is completed to a high standard
- Interpreting design information, and participating in constructability reviews
- Order and manage hired internal and external equipment on a daily basis to optimise performance and reduce costs
- Proactively and reactively champion the need to deliver technical excellence ensuring the importance is understood and implemented across projects
- Work alongside experienced engineers with various design disciplines to develop industry leading solutions
- Have the opportunity to take part in this two-year graduate programme which will help you build on your degree and establish a career where you’ll have the freedom to learn, achieve your ambitions, and leave your mark on the communities in which we work
- Be accountable for your own development by working outside of natural comfort zones and learning from mistakes
- Utilise your presence in different teams to share knowledge and create efficiencies where possible
Who you are
- You will hold or be in your final year of achieving a degree in an engineering/construction related subject, however, we can be flexible. We are more focused on your motivation, values and forward thinking.
- Always operating with the customer at the heart of what you do
- You enjoy working with data and analysis to underpin your ideas
- Enthusiastic about learning, personal and professional growth
- You have a strong interest in sustainability
- You have a desire to make a positive impact by working collaboratively towards shared goals and targets
- Motivated to solve complex engineering challenges with the ability to think ‘outside the box’
What we offer
- Clear learning and development opportunities to prepare you for a successful and happy career
- Professional and social networking events
- Project management and leadership development
- Support to achieve your chosen professional accreditation and expenses paid for annual professional membership
- Employee led networks - these include: Womxn’s, Ability, Pride, O.N.E (Origins Nationality Ethnicity, Military and Mental Health networks.
- An array of retail, dining, well-being and travel discounts through My Rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Multiple salary reviews throughout the graduate programme
- You would be joining a mental health aware organisation where we offer wellbeing support through our employee assistance programme; mental health ambassador network awareness discussions and wellbeing initiatives
- Opportunities to find an area of our business in which you thrive and are passionate about.
Skanska Group uses knowledge and foresight to shape the way people live, work and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we are one of the world’s largest development and construction companies. We create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime. Established in the UK in 2000, Skanska has more than 3,300 local experts delivering projects across sectors including real estate, defence, education, highways, rail and water.