Audit Graduate Programme 2021
At Smith Cooper, you’ll be part of a multi-award-winning accountancy and business advisory firm based across the Midlands. We work with businesses of all shapes and sizes to help them solve some of their most complex challenges and achieve success. No two jobs are the same, so we are looking for someone who can adapt and is up for the challenge!
Our people are our most important asset, and we actively encourage training, development, and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment.
Our Audit Graduate Programme
Working in audit means much more than just analysing numbers, we really get to know our clients by building close relationships, which enable us to better understand their financial performance, business systems, culture, and the risks they face, and provide crucial advice to them in these areas.
As a member of our audit team, you will join us on an ACA training contract where you will have the chance to gain a deep understanding of a variety of businesses across different sectors – from nationals through to start-ups. You will be equipped with valuable technical skills, broad commercial understanding, and in-depth knowledge of different industry sectors to help you achieve the ICAEW (ACA) Chartered Accountant qualification. Throughout the programme you will be fully supported so you can reach your full potential.
Accountancy is a people-focused profession. Numeracy is expected, but you must also be able to communicate confidently with colleagues and clients, as well as being able to organise yourself and your workload, balancing the competing demands on your time, and taking personal responsibility for the development of your career.
Benefits of training with Smith Cooper
A major benefit of training with a medium-size firm like Smith Cooper is the depth and variety of assignments you will be involved with. You will have exposure to a wide range of assignments with clients of all sizes, most of which are local to our offices.
With Smith Cooper, you will also benefit from involvement from the firm’s partners, who will take a direct interest in your development and support you throughout your training.
Why Smith Cooper?
- We are a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 45, accountancy and business advisory firm
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same
- The firm’s Partners remain actively invested in the development of staff, and will take a direct interest in your professional development whilst supporting your progression
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to purchase additional annual leave and your birthday off, on us. Long-serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories
- Rewards for those that embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme
- Regular social events and annual companywide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division, office and the wider firm
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients, so when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day, and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield