Graduate Programme, Valuations
Evelyn Partners is the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, with over 186 years of experience in helping generations of people and businesses to thrive. We offer an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities and businesses.
We provide an award-winning service for our clients by employing the best people. Join us on our mission to place the power of good advice into more hands because we believe that everyone deserves access to good advice, regardless of where they’re at in their financial journey.
As a high growth organisation, we offer personal growth opportunities in an environment that empowers you to drive change. Our collaborative, open door culture supports you to perform at your best, with high levels of autonomy and a strong partnership mindset across the organisation.
We are part of a broader Transactions team alongside our due diligence, valuations and modelling and corporate finance colleagues. We also directly connected to other fast-growing teams like performance improvement, forensics and restructuring teams. The team has doubled in size in the last two years and is currently 30 people strong, across our London and Birmingham facilities.
Being a dynamic and collaborative team, we give our people an opportunity to receive hands-on coaching and client exposure from day one. Our client base spans across many industries and we will be able to offer you a variety of experiences, whilst facilitating development in the areas that spark your most interest.
What will you be doing?
The Valuations and Modelling team prepares a wide range of valuations and financial models for accounting, tax and commercial purposes. In addition to business and share valuations, the team also prepares valuations of key intangible assets (trademarks, patents and other technology assets) and incentive scheme awards (e.g. share options and management share plans).
Your responsibilities will include
- Taking ownership of allocated tasks and being accountable for the quality of the deliverable provided
- Learning and implementing key valuation methodologies and concepts
- Preparing and analysing financial data
- Being involved in financial modelling activities
- Using available data sources, performing clear and concise industry research including industry trends, comparable companies and key metrics observed on transactions
- Being involved in project management and time management to achieve deadlines
To be successful in this role, you should
- Be committed to completing the Certificate in Corporate Finance qualification followed by the Diploma in Corporate Finance qualification
- Have obtained or be predicted a minimum 2:2 degree, in any discipline
- A level: Minimum 112 UCAS points in top 3 A levels excluding General Studies (or equivalent)
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
Learning & Development
You’ll be supported in completing your qualification; gaining the finance knowledge, accountancy skills and real-world business experience to jumpstart your career in accountancy, tax and business advisory. And you won’t do it alone - you’ll be joining as part of a cohort with your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience. Your qualification training will be supported by a leading UK training provider, and you’ll be given the space and time to study whilst developing a variety of skills to become a well-rounded advisor. You’ll receive guidance and support each step of the way by our dedicated Learning & Development team and training contact for your department to make sure you have everything you need to realise your potential from day one.
As a colleague here at Evelyn Partners you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Online GP service
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount scheme
- Two volunteer days per year
- Charity contribution match
- Holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
We value all the benefits that a diverse team brings. When you join Evelyn Partners, you’ll have access to a wide range of active employee resource groups and multiple diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. As a colleague, we want to work with you, regardless of your identity, background, or circumstance, to achieve your full potential in a supportive and inclusive environment.
For us to make the process as easy as possible for you, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need on your application form.
Important notes for completing your application
When you click on the ‘I’m interested’ button you’ll be taken to your profile page. We’re in the process of updating it but in the meantime:
- Under the ‘Experience’ section, if you do not have any experience please enter ‘N/A’ into the ‘Title’ text box and choose a random end and start date
- Under the ‘Education’ section you do NOT need to include all your education details as we’ll ask for this separately once you’ve completed your profile. All you need to do is fill in the ‘Institution’ (aka University) question which is mandatory. If you have more than one degree please include your latest one.
- Under the ‘Resume’ (aka CV) section, it is mandatory for you to upload a document; however, this will not be formally reviewed.
- The ‘Message to Hiring Manager’ text box is NOT mandatory and will not be formally reviewed.