Valuations Trainee 2021
At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. Our trainee schemes are structured training programmes combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management to delivering presentations.
What will I be doing?
The valuation team prepares a wide range of valuations for accounting, tax and commercial purposes, in both contentious and non-contentious circumstances. In addition to business and share valuations, we also prepare valuations of intangible assets (often post acquisition) and incentive scheme awards (e.g. share options and management share plans).
We are part of a broader Transactions team, alongside our due diligence, financial modelling and corporate finance colleagues. The team is currently small but ambitious, giving the applicant an exciting opportunity with excellent career prospects. Alongside your work, you'll receive first-class professional training as you study for the Certificate in Corporate Finance qualification followed by the Diploma in Corporate Finance qualification.
We are looking for a bright, motivated individual, to initially join in an analyst role supporting the valuation team, with the aim to develop focused valuation skills through experience and increasingly participate in a more technical and senior role. This role allows exposure to a wide variety of clients, sectors and type of work, which will be highly rewarding to an individual who enjoys working on diverse projects and the personal dynamic of working as part of a small team.
Responsibilities of the Valuations Trainee position include:
- Preparing and analysing financial data
- Financial modelling
- Utilising our data sources to research industry trends, comparable companies and acquisitions
- Research and learn valuation methodologies and concepts
- Project management and time management to achieve deadlines
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the Certificate in Corporate Finance qualification followed by the Diploma in Corporate Finance qualification.
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness.
- Must have or be on course for at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
- 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5