Junior Design and Production Support Engineer Oxford 2023
As part of the R&D team, you will be responsible for supporting our design and production teams. This role is very hands on, and you’ll be involved in our product validation processes, with a high focus on developing and building test solutions.
The nature of the job requires good teamwork and organizational skills. We are looking for an engineer with either previous industrial experience or has an engineering educational background that can demonstrate strong practical skills. This role could also suit a fresh graduate or a junior engineer looking for a path into product design.
- Designing, specifying, and constructing test solutions for internal and external production.
- Electronic/Mechanical design of functional test solutions with continuous improvement.
- Active role in product validation.
- Supporting our subcontractors and production teams.
- Performing prototype PCB modifications and associated sub-assemblies.
- Working with our design teams troubleshooting design and build issues.
- Supporting with obsolescence and general R&D tasks.
Knowledge and Skills
- Graduate calibre ideally with Music Technology focus or Electronics and audio knowledge.
- Previous experience in electronic manufacturing/design would be advantageous.
- Programming skills in languages like C, C#, VB.
- Mechanical, metal work fabrication skills with competent use of hand tools.
- Single Board development like Raspberry Pi and Arduino would be advantageous.
- PCB rework, Wiring and Looming skills.
- Ability to read electronic schematics, fault finding and use of general test equipment.
- Previous experience of CAD and PCB Layout tools would be desirable.
- Practical, hands-on skills, mixed with efficiency and tidy practises.
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills.
- Analytical, with good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Drive to keep learning, improving and with a mind set to keep things simple.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a logical manner.
- Capability to work in a team or as an individual with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to meet tight timescales and project deadlines.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Your covering letter should highlight the extent to which your skills/experience meets the requirements of the role, and your motivation behind applying. To apply for this position, you must already have the right to work in the UK.
General Data Protection Regulations Notification
Your personal information will be used by Solid State Logic for the purposes of recruitment and its administration. The company limits the storage of your data to the required period and therefore we will only retain your personal information for as long as you are in the application process. Once all application procedures have been completed, your data will be deleted. By applying for this position, you are confirming your acceptance of these conditions.