Product Marketing/Marketing Analysis Student Placement 2021
We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. We don’t just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of consumer tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the world you could be part of.
Wherever you find yourself in our business, you will be given the opportunity to understand, operate and develop our key business processes that help to make Sony what it is today. You will be given the opportunity to learn, grow and lay the building blocks for the bright career ahead of you.
We are also passionate about your development and to help you get the most out of the experience you will be part of a development module which will expose you to the other areas of the Sony family, our business leaders and get you working on some great projects. With a group of like-minded students, our student alumni and business experts, you’ll be joining a fantastic community where it’s all about taking risks, pushing the boundaries and changing the future.
Working in our fast-paced business functions we promise a life changing experience.
If you’re studying towards your Bachelor's degree and think you've got what it takes – Apply today!
Working in our Pan European or Local Marketing functions, you will deliver our market leading consumer and professional products across Europe. The actions you take as a marketer at Sony aim to inspire the consumer but we're confident it will inspire you too.
Within the different product teams, we offer five product marketing / marketing analyst intern roles:
European Product Marketing Intern - Video & Sound
The candidate will support Pan-European and in-country teams to implement global sales & marketing strategies of Video & Sound products on a Pan-EU basis, to maximize sales and profit; to gain higher market share; to collaborate with other product categories (especially TV); to deliver the best propositions for our customers - and the best overall results for Sony.
The role will support and undertake diverse duties, including:
- Pan-European marketing planning and monitoring: product launches
- Pricing: Monitor, analyse and report market pricing evolution / trends regularly to pan-EU or in-country teams and regularly produce Competition Charts detailing Sony vs Competitors product prices & specifications
- Events, Promotions & Activities
- Product Planning: Analyse of mid to long term industry trends (Market size, segment trends, consumer behaviour); support the construction of future V&S product line-ups, including features and pricing,…
Product Marketing Intern for Media Solutions Business
The intern will be part of our SONY Professional Solutions Europe department (PSE) and focus on Media Solutions. He or she will be involved in:
- Planning for Budget creation
- Monthly & quarterly Market share reporting and analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Monthly price tracking
- Support with European event management
- Co-ordination of Sales Enablement tools across all product categories
Product & Solutions Marketing Intern for Corporate & Education Business
The intern will be part of our SONY Professional Solutions Europe department (PSE) and support Product Marketing managers within the Corporate, Education and Theatre Business Unit at Sony Professional:
- Gain experience with the CET business operation from supply to end customer purchase.
- Gain experience with each of the product categories and solutions and how they are marketed per segment.
- Market insight creation and competitor analysis
- Market share analysis
- Regional sales analysis
- Product presentation and documentation creation about new releases distributing to European customers
- Support the European Exhibition preparation and implementation
Marketing Analyst SSS-E / SES-SSM Sensor Solutions
The Marketing Analyst intern will support Marketing Team with below activities and projects:
- Market research
- Top players of certain markets
- Value chain analysis
- Turn over
- Project registration
- Create simple CRM with existing systems/software
- Register key customer projects, track and trace status, open actions
- Maintain / Improve together with Sales & Marketing teams
- Work with Sony SES FLS Support team
- Exact Registration
- Contact with customers
- Website check
- Communication with HQ
- Tracking and registering
- Registration for customers: Product Registration, environmental certification, conflict Minerals certifications
- Presentation Support: Update Company / Org / Roadmaps / Technology / Improve cosmetic
European Online Brand Activation Analyst
Your role will include:
- Supporting the team with Online e-commerce Retailers i.e. Reporting on activities, promotions and performance. E.g Amazon AMS SEO etc..
- Supporting with analysis and improvements of Reports
- Supporting on Project management, Data Management and business processes
- Coordinating and facilitating Meetings with countries and internal stakeholders
- Support on development of new projects as well as daily operations (Project management, business requirements gathering, Customer journey analysis, documentation, application testing, issue support and tracking, communication with technical & support teams)
- Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Economics,…
- Language: English (fluent)
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player and ability to work independently
- Good quantitative analytical skills
- MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc) strongly preferred
- Open-minded and proactive
- Team player
- Strong motivation to learn the business / industry
- Interest in technology
- What do we offer?
- A one year, full time work experience program for undergraduate students from July 20201 until July 2022.
- Be part of a global player in the consumer electronics industry
- Unique and business driven experience
- Exposure to leading edge technology
- Business and commercial understanding
- Opportunity to demonstrate your potential
- Core development experience
- Diverse and international work environment
- Paid internship
Our recruitment process
The job posting will be open until 6th of December 2020. The selected candidates will be invited to perform a video interview during December.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an assessment center for these five roles specifically in the first half of February in our office (or virtually).