Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Looking for a financially rewarding career? The role of a Recruitment Sales Consultant has amazing prospects for potential growth; both personal and professional.
Spencer Ogden is driven by our people; our employees, our clients, our candidates. As a company we focus on organic growth developing you throughout your rewarding sales career.
Always aiming 'Two inches higher' has helped us achieve success and growth in a short period of time whilst seeing our people develop from trainee consultants to being part of our world class leadership team
What is a recruitment consultant?
It is primarily a sales role, with high rewards for excellent results. The role is to identify and develop client business relationships in a competitive industry, assessing and responding to the needs of each particular client or assignment, providing relevant solutions. Souring highly skilled candidates through advertising and headhunting matching the client requirements.
The role of a recruitment consultant is fast paced, providing varied and challenging work daily. At Spencer Ogden, we will provide you with the tools and training to become the best in the business and progress your career even further. This career path allows you to essentially run your own business within Spencer Ogden, putting you in control of your career success and your earnings.
We seek natural leaders, with great communication and listening skills. If you are outgoing, driven, disciplined and passionate you will thrive as a recruitment consultant.
Who are we?
Spencer Ogden specialises in recruiting in energy, engineering and infrastructure fields. Our diverse and award-winning company ensures a competitive and fast paced learning environment. Established in 2010, we have grown exponentially, with 13 offices worldwide and 350 employees. We recruit internationally; securing best in class talent for our innovative clients across niche sectors. We prefer to promote internally, providing recognition when it is deserved, no matter how big or small the contribution is.
Why Spencer Ogden?
For graduates and experienced candidates who are interested in joining Spencer Ogden, you can feel reassured that our dynamic and award-winning training programmes will help you grow and achieve success at each step of your career.
From entry level through to directorship, every employee at Spencer Ogden is given the support and freedom to thrive. In fact, 70% of our management team started with us as a Trainee Consultant and developed their career with us
We've been setting the PACE since 2010 and our values have guided us to deliver excellence to all of the candidates and clients we work with on an international scale.
People - People not numbers. We value our clients, candidates, and colleagues by nurturing these relationships.
Accountability - Own it. We do what we say we will do.
Collaboration - Embrace teamwork. We support others to achieve our common business goals.
Excellence - Never settle for ordinary. We deliver superior results and exceed expectations.
We are proud to be accredited the 'Time to Change' employer pledge. This is a pledge of commitment to change the way we all think and act about mental health in the workplace. This is a UK accreditation that recognises Spencer Ogden's global commitment to the wellbeing of our people and the work we are continuing to do to develop and improve wellbeing in the workplace.
What does the role entail?
- Networking, and developing new business relationships.
- Assisting high calibre candidates find amazing new opportunities.
- Achieving set targets and working to deadlines.
- Competitive, and want to be a winner.
- Able to overcome challenges.
- Able to think on your feet and show initiative.
- Influential and be able to change an individual's mind.
What can I expect?
- Competitive basic salary and industry leading uncapped commission
- 'Quarterly lunch club' - Incentive lunches at a Michelin Star Restaurant
- Birthday off as extra paid annual leave
- Friday 3.00pm finish
- Dress for your day - Casual or smart... you decide for your day ahead
- Flexible working hours
- Agile working - WFH up to 2 days a week
- End of month celebratory drinks
- Discounted gym membership
- Corporate discount scheme with Perkbox
- Free fruit and healthy snacks delivered twice a week
- Starbucks coffee machine
- Cycle scheme
- 'EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)' - We care about your wellness!
- Company pension contribution
- Volunteer time off - 4 days per year
- Additional 5 days of annual leave - linked to your service, 1 additional day for each complete year of service.
- Life and critical illness cover
- Private Medical Cover (2 years' service)
- A chance to get on the regional all expenses paid incentive trip (We're off to Miami and Marrakesh next year)
- World-class, award-winning training and development program
To ensure all of our employees continually feel valued, we have partnered with Peakon. An employee engagement survey completed by our people every quarter showing our commitment to wellbeing, engagement, feedback.