Backend Engineering Summer Internship
We are looking for Backend Engineer Interns to join our team of hardworking engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will help build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences audio.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to tackle exciting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services that serve millions of users in a DevOps manner
- Be a member of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a Bootcamp certification in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- You have dabbled in backend systems via prior internships, coursework, and/or projects
- You have experience in designing and building distributed services in Java
- You have an understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You are currently in your final or penultimate year of your studies
The Intern experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it – and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.