Machine Learning Engineering Summer Internship
We are looking for Machine Learning Engineering Interns to help drive a data-led culture across Spotify. You will apply machine learning methods to extensive data sets to extend improve Spotify’s means of understanding and engaging users across various contexts and modalities. You will build upon Spotify’s deep understanding of our content, users, and artists to develop rich analytics, engagement, and business applications. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences audio.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to designing, building, evaluating, shipping, and refining Spotify’s product by hands-on ML development
- Collaborate with a cross functional agile team spanning user research, design, data science, product management, and engineering to build new product features that advance our mission to connect artists and fans in personalized and relevant ways
- Assist in prototyping new approaches and production-ize solutions at scale for our hundreds of millions of active users
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve quality
- Be part of an active group of machine learning practitioners across Spotify) collaborating with one another
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- You have dabbled in ML engineering practices via prior internships, coursework, and/or projectsYou have experience in working with Scala and/or PythonYou have an understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You are currently in your final or penultimate year of your studies
The Intern experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it – and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.