Finance SLP Graduate Leadership Programme 2021
Stanley Black & Decker is the largest tool manufacturer in the world (Fortune 200). SBD is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/
Stanley Black & Decker supports the accelerated development of early career professionals — whether you’re a current college student looking for a rewarding internship or a recent college graduate looking to expand your experiences through leadership. The Stanley Black & Decker Leadership Development Program (“SLP”) is a fast-track rotational program that is an integrated process for accelerating the development of our future leaders. It is geared toward recent graduates with Finance & Accounting internship experience and a relevant business degree who have a passion for a long term career in Corporate Finance & Accounting.
Finance SLPs will work in approximately 4 X 6-month rotations in different Finance functions across SBD businesses in Europe. Each rotation has project assignments that allow participants to become familiar with how we do business and contribute to the success of that facility. The program offers invaluable experiences for early career associates seeking challenging developmental opportunities to jump-start their careers. This high profile opportunity will provide a great deal of company-wide exposure and professional growth.
- Plan, manage and provide deliverables on projects as assigned.
- Work closely with functional business groups to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives.
- Lead projects and ensure that the functionality is developed in a way that complies with business requirements and established methodologies and practices.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Facilitate structured training programs to support business transformation.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Leading key Finance and Accounting projects to streamline processes and increase working capital turns.
- Gather and report necessary Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics globally.
- Report out/present to the Executive Team your project deliverables on a quarterly basis.
Unique aspects of the role - SLP
- In the SLP program, you will perform different projects and rotate in different countries and departments;
- This is a cross-departmental role on the cutting edge between customers and various SBD departments;
- There will be high internal visibility on both a regional and international level;
- We have a “can do” mentality which will contribute to a constructive outcome;
- This is a multi-disciplined project in a complex framework;
Skills & Competences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting or other related business field.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must have a passion for excellence and leadership.
- Executes with the highest degree of integrity and accountability.
- Must be able to communicate well across all levels of the organization.
- Must be interested to rotate every 6 months – potentially to a new location.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business beginning with the shop floor and ending with senior management.
- Self motivated individual who strives for excellence and continuous improvement through the use of analytical problem solving skills.
- Facilitating, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interact effectively with executives.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Access and other applications included in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%, domestic and international travel.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
- Ambitious and motivating challenges
- Attractive salary, completed with local benefits.
- Possible rotation locations: Key Operational locations are not limited to but may include the following: UK – Slough, Belgium – Diegem
What You’ll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you’ll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources.
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that’s how the best work gets done. You’ll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You’ll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.