Working in Merchandising at Superdry is a great opportunity for Junior Merchandisers to stretch themselves further, expand their skill set and widen their experience. Uniquely in our market, our Merchandising teams are very involved with the product, working closely with the buying team to create the best ranges possible. As a Junior Merchandiser you would plan a global range across retail and wholesale, tailoring to different territories. Our Outlet stores are also a key business initiative and you would also be responsible for the off price offer. You will be working across multiple channels and seasons at any one time.
Joining Superdry you will play a key role in the success of specific product types as well as having strong technical abilities and experience, Superdry really values how you do things and behaviours are equally important to us. The Superdry behaviours of Passion, Family and Fun are essential to thrive here.
- Set the department strategy and option framework to ensure a balanced and commercial product range for wholesale and retail
- Accurately forecast trends to support decision making and profitable sales
- Plan and manage department WSSIs, stock and sales plans, ensuring stock is managed to targets
- Proactively analyse sales data and trends and use data to influence decisions in buying meetings
- Proactively monitor sales and stock in order to take action to optimise sales and margin performance - ensuring team react to sales trends, working closely with Branch Merchandising team to optimise store sales
- Present department strategy and ranges as well as trade updates to Executive team
- Work closely with the Design team to update on trends and product opportunities
- Manage order placement and intake to ensure on time product launches and awareness of product lead times, to maximise trading opportunities
- Manage clearance stock through off price channels
- Manage a team of Assistant Merchandisers and Merchandising Administration Assistants
- A Junior or experienced Senior Assistant Merchandiser preferably from a Fashion background, with aspiration to develop yourself further
- A strong leader with the ability to help develop the skills of Assistant Merchandisers and Merchandising Administration Assistants, helping them to become our next generation of Merchandisers
- Highly numerate and analytical, competent working with large volumes of data, using this to make informed decisions
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently on multiple projects with strict deadlines
- An excellent relationship builder, with exceptional interpersonal skills and a track record of influencing at head of department level and above
- Extremely well organised with a keen eye for detail
- Commercially astute with an understanding of customer profile, product range and competitors
- An advanced user of MS Office suite, in particular Excel
- Based within commuting distance of Cheltenham or prepared to relocate
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary.
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock.
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance.
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential.
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle to Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire.
At Superdry, everyone has a voice, and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.