Assistant Accountant Cheshire 2023
Survitec is the world’s largest survival technology provider. For over 166 years, we have been protecting lives in the air, on land and at sea, through the design, manufacture, and servicing of Survival Technology.
Today, we are a global community of 3,000 professionals with presence in 96 countries partnering with our customers to provide innovative solutions that reduce risk and help keep you safe.
That's why the world's leading maritime, defence & government, energy and aerospace organisations trust us when it matters most and why we have been awarded the Gold Award by the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Your New Role
Are you a Junior Accounting Professional wanting to progress within the world’s largest survival technology provider? Are you a Team Player who is confident in assisting with transactional accountancy & wanting to take the leap to be a fully qualified accountant? Survitec has the perfect role for you!
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this role is part of our local finance site based team and is an exciting opportunity to work on a full time, permanent basis at our Ellesmere Port site.
This is a very hands on role and you will carry out varied accounting tasks and assignments including compilation, consolidation and analysis of financial data. You will have an opportunity to really broaden your experience within this role and you will focus on developing skills and capabilities needed to take on an Accountant role within Survitec.
What You Can Expect from the Role
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Carry out a range of accounting activities under the guidance of more senior colleagues to support the compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial data
- Track progress against budgets within established finance systems and reports variances as appropriate, ensuring compliance with local market financial laws, requirements, and regulations
- Implement aspects of the global Survitec control framework, developing and maintaining financial controls
- Collate and analyse data using standard accounting methodologies
- Produce key financial data and documents including aspects of Survitec statutory accounts; monthly reporting, budgeting, and reforecast processes; monthly management accounts pack (including commentary and analysis for key business stakeholders); and monthly balance sheet production, reconciliation, and validation
- Participate in the monthly accounting cycle, including assisting with the organisation and coordination of the month end process and associated Board reports
You will have the opportunity to develop in your role and feel proud of the work you do. Working at Survitec is fast paced, challenging and incredibly rewarding. This is not just another job; this is your career.
The Experience, Qualifications and Skills You Will Have
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience of working in a accounting environment
- Third Level Education within a Financial/Accounting Discipline
- Excellent IT Skills, (particularly Microsoft Excel)
- Must be a team player with great communication skills
- Ability to manage own work plan and meet pre agreed deadlines
- Advanced Verbal and Written English communication skills
- ACA/ACCA Qualified or willing to work towards this qualification
- CIMA Certified
- Experience with costing products is highly desirable
Why You Should Work for Us
- 33 days holidays including public holidays
- Extra day leave for your birthday
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Clear Accountancy Development Plan
- Life Assurance up to 4x salary
- Pension Scheme
- Management Training & Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace Reward & Recognition scheme
How to Apply
If you would like more information regarding this role before applying, please feel free to reach out to us via Linked In or via email@example.com.
Survitec is an equal opportunities employer. Our diverse global workforce protects lives, every single day. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive culture where our people feel valued appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Because, to provide service and excellence to our customers we must mirror their diversity. But more importantly because it is the right thing to do.
At Survitec, we want you to have the best possible interview experience with us and we are also committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are happy to make any necessary accommodations to ensure you can showcase your skills to the best of your ability, should you require any reasonable adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know.