International Investments - Summer Internship
What do you get as a T. Rowe Price investment intern? In addition to your summer project, their programme is designed to enhance your overall experience by exposing you to the organisation and culture. Benefits of an internship at T Rowe Price includes:
Experience: Over the course of the internship you will gain valuable insight into their investment process by being immersed in the day-to-day workings of their team.
Opportunity: Their ultimate goal with the internship at T. Rowe Price is to evaluate your potential to return after graduation for their full-time associate analyst programme.
Networking: The 8-week programme will offer you an exciting opportunity to work with and support senior investment professionals.
Research: The internship will typically incorporate a special research project that will last the duration of the internship.
Input: This project will allow you to evaluate and assimilate large quantities of information into concise, impactful insights that would have investment relevance to T Rowe Price’s Specific strategies.
Exposure: You will gain broad exposure to their investors and managers across the company to deepen your understanding of the unique culture and approach to investment management.
T Rowe Price wants to hear from interested candidates from a variety of backgrounds, however outlined below are some of the typical attributes that they look for in their graduate interns:
- Strong academic achievement — 2:1 (or equivalent) degree
- Available to complete the internship in the summer of 2019 and for a potential graduate programme the following year
- Interest in the world of investing
- Inquisitive, logical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Motivated self-starter who embraces uncertainty and approaches new situations positively
- Comfortable both collaborating across large and diverse teams and working independently
- Admirable communication skills (verbal and written)
- A background and/or strong interest in finance and accounting would be helpful, although it is not essential
- Penultimate year students
- Buddy/mentoring support
- Opportunity to secure full time graduate role
- Monthly social activity
- Training including:
- Excel fundamentals
- Accounting boot-camp
- Integrated financial model standards
- Valuation fundamentals
- Capital markets fundamentals
There are five stages to the T Rowe Price internship recruitment process as follows:
- Online application
- Video interview
- Telephone interview
- One-day assessment centre
You will know within 7 working days whether you have been successful at the two three stages (application and video interview). You will know within 2 working days whether you were successful at the assessment centre.