T. Rowe Price’s Investment Fellowship Program offers undergraduate and graduate students within mathematics, engineering, and sciences a challenging quantitative opportunity to thrive in the financial industry, which is becoming increasingly quantitative and data driven. Under this program, Fellows will receive training, mentoring and experience in investment tasks (i.e., quantitative research and analysis, trading research and analysis, and quantitative decision and research support). Fellows will also have direct "hands-on" involvement within the TRP investment organization.
Rotate approximately every 6 months for up to 2 years across the following Business Units:
- Trading / Portfolio Modeling
- Quantitative Research
- Enterprise Risk
- Distribution Channels
Use current analytical /quantitative skills by working on projects across various TRP Business Units further developing knowledge / skills in:
- Portfolio Modeling
- Quantitative Portfolio Analysis / Portfolio Attribution / Portfolio Construction
- Quantitative analysis / Research and Trading Research
- Transaction Cost Analysis
- Enterprise and Portfolio Risk Analysis
- Competitive Analysis and Market Intelligence
- Predictive Analytics
- Technical Solution Implementation
- Minimum grade of 2.1 achieved at university
- Yeah of graduation: 2017 / 2018 / 2019.
- Must be majoring in one of the following areas:
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Technical skills in R, Python, MATLAB, SQL Server is beneficial
- Commitment to continuing education.
- Knowledge of investments, portfolios, and stock trading beneficial.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems.
- Savvy usage of technology and a data driven mindset.
- Ability to process a variety of information and quickly draw relevant conclusions and summarize results.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. Grace under pressure.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Enjoy working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to determine priorities, plan, organize and follow-through on assignments.
- History of applying thoughtful, sound judgment with high ethical standards.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Open-minded, logical, determined, creative, and intellectually curious.
- Ability to multi-task in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
Travel will be required upon starting to Baltimore to join the other Investment Fellows. This will be for approximately 4 weeks.
We pride ourselves on a highly competitive benefits package, including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary
- Travel Expenses
- Mobile Phone Allowance
- Your own choice of laptop
- Sponsorship towards professional certifications
- Unrivalled career support (including active and structured mentor and buddy schemes for new joiners)
- A fantastic social environment
- An environment that values diversity, inclusion and social responsibility
- Opportunity to second to one of our global offices