Data Analyst - Product
If you want to combine modern data analytics, deep customer focus and the opportunity to change the world of pet food for good, this is it.
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Unmined insights are there, and we’re hungry for it
Our subscription model means we can trace a dog feeding tails.com through their full journey with us, from how and when they found out about us right through to what they (or their human) has done on our website and what products they order from us and what their blend was in their 27th box and beyond. This is a treasure trove of raw data, and it’s growing at breakneck speed as the number of dogs feeding our food doubles every year. Data alone isn’t going to help us change the world of pet food for good though, we need insight.
That’s where you come in.
Sound like a team you want to join? Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
This role is a permanent full time position in our data team, working closely with a Product Manager and our loyalty teams to develop a deep understanding of our customers and how they use our service to improve their experience of tails.com.
The things you’ll do
- Working closely with product engineering and loyalty teams, use data to build a deep understanding of how customers value and use our service, products and site
- Use those insights to help these teams identify new areas for opportunities, define key product metrics, design tests to improve those metrics, and track KPIs
- Define the data required that our products need to collect to better inform future insights and maintain the quality and integrity of our data over the long term.
- Alongside the wider insights team, use your strong SQL skills to help maintain a robust data stack for whole company
- Support the CRM team to understand their impact on retention and revenue metrics, run tests & identify areas of opportunity to drive additional value
The skills you’ll bring
- Experience working in a data or product analytics role, closely tied to a product engineering team running experiments at pace
- Passionate about improving service for our customers, solving problems for them and giving them the best possible experience
- Strong technical data skills, including SQL, and ideally experience with dbt(or other data modelling tool), Snowflake (or other cloud data warehouse), Heap (or Google Analytics), and Tableau (or other dashboarding tool)
- Familiarity with analytics / statistical methodologies to build simple and robust models
- Good logical problem solving with demonstrated ability to extract insights from data.
- Clear & effective stakeholder management in written and verbal communication.
We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer.
We want to give everyone a fair chance to join us in changing the world of pet food for good. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com.
During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. We want to give every candidate a fair interview process and if you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.
What's in it for you?
You’ll get a competitive salary, reviewed annually, and from day one will be a shareholder in tails.com.
We’re proud to be on a high growth trajectory and offer the chance to work in an environment and with a team that will constantly challenge, support and develop you.
You’ll start on 25 days of holiday which will increase in the time you’re with us. On top of this, we offer optional unpaid leave and a paid volunteer day each year.
For expectant parents, we have extended maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption pay.