Process Engineering Summer Placement Aberdeen 2024
Moving to a new, sustainable low-carbon energy world requires knowledge, ambition, and a pioneering spirit. Genesis employs over 550 world-leading engineers around the globe who enable innovative solutions across the traditional hydrocarbon and energy transition sectors every day.
As a 2024 Summer Placement student at Genesis, you will be given the opportunity to broaden your experience in traditional oil and gas and energy transition projects, and potentially help to develop internal tools which help enable our engineers every day.
What you'll do
You will be based in our Aberdeen Office, centrally located at 26 Albyn Place, Aberdeen where you will have the opportunity to learn how to use a range of software design tools which are used within our industry such as:
- Genesis bespoke in-house tools like:
- Gen-CAT for Carbon Assessments,
- ADEPT for Cost Estimation and Field Evaluation.
While at Genesis you will be situated within the UK Operating Centre Process Engineering team, however, you will also get experience collaborating with other disciplines, including:
- Field Development Planning, Flow Assurance,
- Safety & Environmental,
- Dynamic Simulation and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
To support your studies, we are proud to offer:
- Technical depth and rigour of engineering experience.
- Mentoring and a buddy support system.
- Client exposure and business development.