Powerwall Internship 2021
Tesla, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, develops high-performance electric vehicles, stationary energy storage systems, and solar energy technology. The focus is to reduce the environmental impact of transportation and electric energy use by accelerating the adoption of electric vehicle, energy storage, and solar technologies. Tesla’s stationary storage and solar electricity business unit (Energy Products) is focused on increasing levels of dispatchable renewable electricity generation. The suite of battery systems developed by Tesla also performs a variety of other high value functions for utilities, businesses, and residential customers.
The internship assignment
You will be part of the UK Powerwall team that oversees the growth of this new and best in class product. We need flexibility in task activity and the ability to multitask. A good team player is essential and a roll your sleeves up attitude as tasks will constantly change giving a full introduction to product management. Good IT skills are essential and an interest in renewable energy a distinct advantage.
Learning goals & Tasks
- Deep dive with UK energy tariffs understanding the changing dimension.
- Help track Power outages and implement useful data for the installer base.
- Support sales teams with logistics and allocation tools.
- Running reports with SFDC.
- Market segmentation and exploring the drivers in each segment.
- Special projects with ref to “Fuel poverty” initiative.
- Fluent in English (excellent writing and verbal skills).
- Study or be able to demonstrate a real interest in renewable energy.
- Basic electrical understanding would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage own time and hit deadlines without prompting.
- A can do attitude.
- A likeable personality to work within a small team.