Entry Level IT Analyst 2021
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Bad Boy®, TUG™ and Douglas™ brands; Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training.
This position will prepare the applicant for their first steps into the business world. Working with the local IT team who are responsible for a number of global locations they will gain experience across a variety of IT disciplines. They will also have the opportunity to participate in projects with the global Textron Specialized Vehicles and Textron enterprise IT teams.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist in designing, documenting and testing infrastructure processes, procedures and standards and to maintain or prepare system and software documentation as directed;
- Assist in keeping track of the company’s infrastructure assets and manage software licenses to ensure that the infrastructure and data is kept secure and compliant at all times;
- Manage the purchase of IT equipment and software through the approved channels;
- Service Request ticket creation and monitoring;
- Assist in provision of infrastructure services;
- Assist in managing, maintaining, developing, designing and updating Web Content Management System for our public websites;
- Perform application program testing and assist the functional teams and users with acceptance testing;
- Assist in application functional change requests including problem resolution, develop designs, and process modelling procedures including BI data models across multiple source systems;
- Demonstrate proof of concept;
- Assist in the training of user department personnel;
- Ongoing and regular contact with managers/user department personnel, operations/network support personnel, programming staff;
- Understand emerging technologies and upgrade features for business processes and assist in making implementation recommendations.
- Support the development of the strategic approach for collecting and consuming data from IoT projects.
- Perform break / fix analyses and recommend solutions for related processes.
- Work across functional and technical teams to develop solutions that fit within the solution environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Computer Science or related subject;
- Interest in IT technology;
- Business Intelligence (BI) exposure preferred;
- ERP exposure and familiarity with concepts preferred;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Willing to travel preferable – occasional business travel may be required;
- Good interpersonal/customer service skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.