Hardware Electronics and Firmware Placement High Wycombe 2024
We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic person to join our electronics hardware and firmware team for a year.
This is a vital role for the team and will provide the opportunity to get some hands-on experience in a wide range of projects and technical areas. You will work with many other engineers in the hardware, QA and Production Engineering team and beyond, and get involved with products across Focusrite, Focusrite Pro and Novation.
Core responsibilities include:
- Taking responsibility for running and maintaining the electronics hardware lab facilities.
- Assembling & fault-finding prototypes by hand, including soldering components and using CAD tools to aid the build process.
- Assisting Production Engineering Team to identify component alternatives for current product lines.
- Ordering, sourcing and maintaining stock of components/PCBs during all phases of development.
- Design work on new projects, including schematic capture, PCB layout and firmware development.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrate a keen interest in working on hardware and firmware projects
- Interest in audio and music technologies
- Any technology projects of your own you've undertaken, and any experiences you've had collaborating with others on them
Doing a 12-month placement at Focusrite is like becoming one of the family. A rapidly growing, global family. We’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
Our placements are very popular, and that’s mainly because you can really get stuck in during your year with us. We don’t ask you to answer the phones and do the photocopying. We want you to help develop our products, market our brands, speak to our customers and make us better. A lot of our previous placements candidates are now full-time employees.
All placements last for 12-months. We pay you £21255 per year (£23303 for London-based roles), and you get to share some of the same benefits as our permanent employees.
Our eleven brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation, Ampify, ADAM Audio, Martin Audio, Optimal Audio, Linea Research, Sequential, Oberheim and Sonnox come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply for as many of our placements as you wish.
Timetable for applications
Deadline to apply: Monday 8th January 2024
Interviews: February/March 2024
Offers made by: Friday 29th March 2024
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage people to apply regardless of religion, ethnic background, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity. We recognise the diversity shortcomings of our industry and are committed to driving change. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.