Customer Support Placement Brighton 2024
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you have a talent for communicating, an ability to multi-task with good attention to detail? Do you enjoy working as part of a supportive and engaging team?
Our Customer Support team are deeply passionate about making a difference for our customers. We are looking for confident, resilient, articulate, team players who are able to learn a variety of systems and support the delivery of exceptional customer service.
With us you'll get genuine opportunities to learn and develop as an important part of our inclusive, values-led organisation. The customer support team acts as a gateway to the rest of The Pensions Regulator (TPR) which will help you broaden your knowledge of the organisation. With support from us to help you further your career and grow in a welcoming and engaging team environment.
We are excited to facilitate a year placement in our dynamic team this year. This will provide an in-depth overview of delivering front line customer support excellence and allow the successful candidate to experience many different workstreams and tasks which support successful delivery for internal and external customers.
We also recognise the value in a good work life balance, so we offer Hybrid working and flexible shift patterns to support you and your teammates.
What you’ll do
As a Customer Support Intern, you will work closely with our experts to:
- support our customers by helping make workplace pensions work and be their first point of contact for inbound contact
- learn how to deliver a truly excellent customer service. We strive for right first time and set clear and accurate expectations
- log and send template replies to queries from customer correspondence in line with customer service targets
- learn about our relevant CRM and databases and how to update these
- act with care and integrity to build rapport and trust with our customers. Ensure we fully understand their needs and resolve their query, whilst creating a positive customer connection
- follow guided procedures with attention to detail to enable you to resolve customer queries, whilst maintaining compliance
- contribute to an open and supportive team culture by collaborating with your colleagues to ensure customer needs are met and be a positive influence with customers and colleagues
- proactively share feedback and solutions on how we can improve our services and processes
As your journey with us progresses, we will develop you further to learn more about processes and how CST works with the wider organisation. You will:
- create and maintain certain new processes
- participate in new projects for customer support
- engage with other departments within TPR on behalf of customer support
This placement would suit someone who may be studying courses in business-related subjects, social studies, communications or similar.
What you’ll bring
- A student in penultimate year of study, or undertaking a degree requiring a year-long placement.
- Good communication skills in questioning, probing, and extracting information with the ability to tailor communication both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to use a range of different systems.
- Ability to be genuine and empathetic and demonstrate a desire to help and support others.
- Desire to learn more and develop skills in new areas.
We put you first
We’ll give you a chance to put your theory into practice as you work alongside a diverse, friendly and experienced team. You’ll develop your skills in a safe and supportive work environment that values your thoughts, perspectives and ideas. You’ll receive regular feedback on your performance to help you learn, develop and improve throughout your time with us.
Kickstart your career
If you’re an undergraduate looking for a placement year, then why not join our team!
We’re having an assessment day on 26 March 2024, this will take place in our office. Make sure you’re free on this date as you’ll need to take part in group and individual assessments, as well as an interview.
At TPR, we prioritise our people's growth and well-being. We offer various learning, secondment and development opportunities, support flexible working, and foster a diverse and inclusive environment.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is very important to us and central to our success. We strive to make sure everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed. Our Brighton office has been designed to be accessible for all. We're proud to have a range of networks to bring people together in supportive spaces to connect with like-minded individuals.
We offer 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, a hybrid working model, 35 hour working week (full-time), flexible working patterns, and flexitime. We also provide competitive parental leave, as well as a Civil Service Pension with an average employer contribution of 27%. Our dedicated benefits portal (Edenred) offers retail, gym, tech and restaurant discounts, and a cycle to work scheme.
In addition, we offer annual performance-related pay increases and bonus opportunities to reward our employees for their successes and achievements.
Everyone at TPR plays an important role in helping to keep more than £2trn of savings safe.
Our Corporate Strategy outlines a bold and challenging vision of how pensions regulation should continue to evolve to keep pace with a change in the scale and nature of the pensions' landscape. We believe diversity and inclusion are vital to good decision-making for positive saver outcomes. We’re committed to creating a supportive, inclusive and dynamic work environment where everyone can thrive; understanding the link between the work we do and its positive impact on society.
With a career at TPR, you’ll be joining an organisation with a diverse range of skills and experience that will positively impact on millions of people for decades to come.
If you are shortlisted for interview, we’ll be in contact with you shortly after the closing date.
We aim to respond to every application however due to the large volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
As a Disability Confident employer, we’re committed to the recruitment, employment, retention, and development of people with disabilities, and to improving their employment opportunities. Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the criteria outlined in the ‘what you will bring’ section will be offered an interview.