Data IT and Security Graduate Darlington 2024
The Verve Group are recruiting for an exciting internal role to provide on-going IT support for the company. Working alongside our internal team plus an external IT provider you will be the main contact for all things data, IT and security.
This is an entry level role and we’re looking for a motivated Graduate with a relevant degree to support this role, who has keen IT aspirations to develop and support processes across The Verve Group. It's a great first challenge for someone looking to kickstart their IT career, and we actively support training and development providing an annual training budget to support further learning.
The role includes
- Administer and maintain the company's IT infrastructure, ensuring its smooth operation.
- Onboard and offboard employees from an IT and security perspective.
- Data Security across the business including pen testing, due diligence and policies.
- Data Analysis across the business, including for services, sales and marketing.
- Support with the documentation and processing client due diligence requests.
- Perform routine system updates, backups, and security checks.
- Create, deliver and monitor a KPI dashboard.
- Working in Microsoft 365 Suite.
- Provide first-line support for IT-related issues, diagnosing and resolving problems efficiently.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and implement solutions and external IT support teams to ensure a robust and security framework for the business to operate within.
- Asset management - managing all IT equipment and ensuring logged and stored securely.
We anticipate this role being suitable for someone just embarking on their career and so relevant experience is not essential, but any would definitely be advantageous. In addition, we’ll be looking for the following skills:
- A relevant degree to support this role and the ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the latest IT and security requirements as well as basic database knowledge.
- Knowledge of working in Microsoft 365 Suite.
- Knowledge of working with MacBooks (although not essential).
- Able to demonstrate maturity and trustworthiness as this is a role that includes handling both confidential information and valuable equipment.
- Be able to refine and deliver processes, managing your own tasks and looking to continuously improve on what is in place.
- Be able to confidently communicate with others, both internally and external parties.
- Be organised and proactive, with this being a relatively new role we need someone to be able to use their initiative to progress projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and problem solve.
- Knowledge of due diligence enforcing guidance and compliance would be an advantage.
- As would an awareness of GDPR, although further training can be provided.
- Any demonstrable experience in website hosting would also be beneficial.
The Verve Group offers a range of services to financial planners and ultimately works towards two key missions; to help support good quality financial advice firms to grow and develop, and to attract new people into financial services and help train them up, for the good of the future of finance.
Across all companies, we approach financial services with a fun and positive outlook and offer a range of benefits to permanent employees to ensure our team feels supported and motivated. We reward loyalty and offer enhanced benefits to reward employees who choose to grow their career with us, but as standard these include…
- Starting 21 days holiday, plus bank holidays, your birthday off (if it falls on a weekday) and a Christmas shutdown. Additional holidays accrued in line with tenure.
- Personalised salary structure to reflect your own effort and contribution
- Enhanced maternity and paternity cover
- Death in service cover
- Personal development budget (for exams, training, anything to help you excel!)
- Company pension scheme.
- Hybrid working with the ability to work from home (on completion of training and dependant on experience)
What makes us different?
- Dress code? Not here! We want you to be yourself (and comfortable).
- A company with a higher purpose and strong values.
- Health and wellbeing programme and initiatives
- Office snacks and refreshments
- Open plan ‘living office’ environment – including rocking (or sometimes dubious) playlists, beer/wine fridge, breakout lounge, breakfast club, ping pong table.
- 2 official annual company parties, plus ad hoc team nights out and monthly enrichment sessions
- Office dogs welcome!