Associate/Junior Clinical Supply Chain Manager 2021
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As an Associate Clinical Supply Chain Manager, you will work to ensure continuous supply of Investigational Medicinal Products (IMPs) for assigned clinical trials, through effective monitoring and maintenance. The main focus is on inventory management, through liaison with internal departments and IRT (Interactive Response Technology) providers.
We’re offering a fantastic opportunity to work as part of large, stable and growing global company. You will be working as part of an extensive international team, working within the notable and important area of clinical trials. You will develop strong working relationships across the division and with our customers. You will work across a range of projects and will be able to develop your knowledge and experience, and you will have broad exposure and good visibility. The role is available as the previous employee has taken on another exciting role within the business.
We have a number of positions available and are looking for people who are highly organised and able to manage projects: people who are proactive and driven in their style of working and who have exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
This role can be worked remotely within the UK.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working as part of a cross-functional team for study management activities.
- Acts as single point of contact for client(s) and coordinate key activities with other FCS functions.
- Implement and follow defined packaging, distribution and Interactive Response Technology (IRT) plan to supply study drugs to global clinical trials, using sound supply chain techniques.
- Proactively manage a program of work, supply of medication, and manage risk management activities.
- Implement and monitor inventory management plans that may have complex supply chains.
- Leverage the inventory management capabilities of the IRT to appropriately manage studies.
- Stay abreast of relevant cGMPs, GCPs, and other regulatory requirements and ensure study management activities are aligned.
The skills, abilities and experience we are looking for include:
- Experience in successfully and proactively managing projects
- Experience in either Clinical Trials or Supply Chain
- Experienced in interacting directly with clients
- Forecasting and/or demand planning experience
- Strong organisational and self-management skills
- Ability to analyse complex data and make informed decisions
- Experience using one of the following systems/technologies: IRT (Interactive response technology) - IWRS (Interactive Web Response System) - IXRS (Interactive Voice/Web Response System) - IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) - advantageous
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a cross-functional, global team
- Exemplary communication skills, in English
- Confident IT skills, including with Excel and Access.
- Experience working in GxP regulated environment, ISO, or other heavily regulated environment. – beneficial
- Project Management professional certification or APICS certification (CPIM) - desirable
What’s in it for you
- Competitive base salary
- Remote working
- Annual bonus
- Contributory pension
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits
- Opportunities for career development and progression
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.