TikTok CIS Ad Policy Internship (FTC) London/Dublin 2024
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. We have several global offices including Los Angeles, New York, Austin, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
Creation is the core of TikTok's purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible. Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy - a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day. To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always.
At TikTok, we create together and grow together. That's how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve.
The Global Monetization Integrity team ensures TikTok users have a safe experience while viewing advertisements. They work closely with advertisers to create ad policies, manage content review processes, and more. As we continue to add advertising on TikTok, this team is critical in assuring a joyful and creative ads experience for the community.
We are looking for talented individuals to join us for an internship in 2024. Internships at TikTok aim to offer students industry exposure and hands-on experience. Watch your ambitions become reality as your inspiration brings infinite opportunities at TikTok.
This position will help create TikTok's advertising policies in addition to developing policy processes and training. This individual will work in conjunction with teams like moderation, quality, and vendor operations to make sure these ad policies are executed properly. Our ideal candidate has experience performing deep analysis into potential risk areas and is a self-starter who is able to navigate ambiguity and work under pressure. They will focus on Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia.
- Research and provide input to CIS and EMEA advertising policies as well as help identify gaps in policies and propose revisions;
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Advertiser Experience, QA, Training and Ad Review teams to ensure accurate and effective policy enforcement;
- Collaborate closely with partners in these teams to implement effective and scalable cross-team workflows;
- Handle incoming queries about advertising policy areas with clear and helpful responses, and participate in weekly calibration sessions to ensure consistent alignment of policy and process;
- Work directly with Ad Policy Managers and Specialists to review RCAs on problematic trends, documents and report findings, and make suggestions for policy iterations;
- Support Ad Policy Managers, Specialists and Training teams in reviewing policies, creating SOPs and/or training material for policy updates;
- Ownership of operational labeling protocols and online policy maintenance and publishing tasks.
- In your penultimate year, majoring in Law, Sociology, Political Science, Public Policy, Mass or Media Communications, Journalism, or other relevant field of study, graduating in 2025
- Students with deep interest and knowledge in advertising regulations or social media risks and trends will be considered.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Understanding of the impact ad policy decisions have on advertisers and users;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Desireable, knowledge of advertising regulations and cultural contexts in their respective region (Russia, Eastern Europe, Central Asia) and working knowledge of the regional languages (Russian);
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and rapid growth environment;
- Passionate about Internet entertainment/media space, mobile web/video content, and pop culture;
- Successful candidates must start in June 2024.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
Creation is the core of TikTok's purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible.
Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy - a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day. To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always.
At TikTok, we create together and grow together.