Placement Construction Management Great Yarmouth 2024
Working in collaboration with Great Yarmouth Borough Council and the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), we are bringing together our skills in marine, highways and civil engineering as part of this very exciting complex marine/infrastructure project.
Refurbishing and upgrading 190m of river quay, along with the creation of new vessel pontoons and delivery of a revised road layout and associated infrastructure to optimise the land available for future development, this is an exciting project to be part of!
This role is based on a construction site as part of the site management team and will support the Site Engineer with regards to security, health and safety, along with organising and supervising materials and people. You will support the Site Engineers in marking out the site, making sure designs are applied correctly and you will liaise with customers and smaller companies who are working with us.
But what makes this opportunity even more attractive is you will be able to get the most out of your year experience as we offer a rotation where you get to move around and get hands on experience in disciplines such as Surveying, Setting Out ,Quality Assurance ,Quantity Surveying, Health & Safety, Planning, Sheet Piling and Marine Works
What you’ll be doing
Initially you will be supporting the Site Engineers in planning and organising daily work involving:
- Reading drawings
- Keeping records
- Following administration procedures
- Monitoring quality of work delivered by sub-contractors
- Provide support with the preparation of designs, reports, specifications and other items that must be completed and delivered as required to complete successful Construction projects
- You will develop the skills to use levelling equipment and measuring devices enabling use of computer-based systems – e.g. Computer Aided Design tools and Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Support the site team in ensuring exemplary standards of health and safety, along with ensuring the site is compliant with the company’s standards for the environment and sustainability
- Currently studying towards a degree in Construction Management or derivative of.
- Holds a UK driving licence and will have access to a vehicle for the duration of the placement.
What you can bring
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design/construction IT packages
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (with training)
- Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people
- Ability to work in a multi-functional and dynamic team environment assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects
- Self-motivated with the enthusiasm to learn and develop
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable
- Attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
- Practical and logical qualities with a methodical way of thinking
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Strong communication skills
What we can offer you
- A salary of £19,000 per annum (paid pro rata for placements less than 12 months)
- 12 months placement on live construction projects
- Opportunity to be sponsored by Tilbury Douglas for your final year at university and join us as a graduate on completion of your degree
- Support from our professionally qualified team to coach and mentor you, providing you with quality site experience which will set you apart from your peers
- 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
- Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
- Life Assurance
- Company pension scheme matched up to 8%
- 2 days volunteering opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme including financial guidance and advice
- Perks at Work Employee discount scheme offering discounts on a range of categories such as electronics, home appliances, food & groceries, car buying, travel, fitness and more
Flexible Benefits scheme which includes the opportunity to purchase benefits such as:
- Critical illness insurance (with option to purchase for your partner)
- Dental Insurance
- Travel insurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Retail vouchers/payroll giving/activity pass for top leisure attraction
Click Apply Now to register your details and start your application journey!
If you successfully meet the criteria, you will be invited to the next stage of the recruitment process which will involve some online tests. The final stage of the recruitment process will be an interview with our hiring managers at a regional office.
October 2024 start!
We look forward to receiving your application!