Human Resources Graduate Scheme Burnaston 2024
Our approach to people management is different. One of Toyota's Guiding Principles is to foster a respectful, reflective culture where individual creativity and teamwork can flourish. That makes HR a visible and valuable part of our operation. To keep our products progressing and our processes evolving, it's essential that we develop our people. That's where our trainees can make a difference.
Your time here
Here at Toyota we develop members fit for both now and the future, focusing on both personal and professional development. Over the two-year scheme, you'll get to see the breadth of our business, receiving responsibility that will stretch your problem-solving skills and introduce you to people at all levels. It will be a challenging scheme consistently testing your abilities, but equally you’ll receive plenty of support from your mentor, managers, and colleagues. You will be working on critical projects in one of the following areas:
- Organisation Planning and Resourcing – working on designing & delivering recruitment campaigns, leading assessment centres and final interviews, headcount & workforce succession planning, managing internal & external vacancies.
- Employee Relations Planning – working on employee engagement strategies; performance & reward; creating and reviewing diversity & inclusion strategies to ensure equality.
- HR Operations – supporting shop floor supervisors to ensure company rules and standards are followed in terms of attendance and absence, including the company disciplinary and grievance procedures; reviewing daily absence for your assigned shop floor department; supporting supervisor development activities.
- Learning & Development – delivering virtual and classroom training to all occupational levels; carrying out development and training analysis to identify business needs for the future; supporting members in their development to achieve their potential, building their emotional intelligence and various interpersonal skills
- Benefits Administration – getting involved in various aspects of company benefits, including payroll, employee car lease scheme, private healthcare, company pension scheme, on-site nursery, workwear, employee recognition; day to day support for supervisors in terms of HR systems.
Previous Trainee Specialist (Graduate) Projects include
- Implementation of new employee assistance programme including roll out & communication to all employees
- New time and attendance system implementation and troubleshooting for shop floor supervisors
- HR advisor for specific shop floor department, advising on all aspects of attendance and performance management
- Running full recruitment campaign for future Graduate/IP Campaigns
- Leading the company wide working group for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, focusing on the implementation of wellbeing facilities in each manufacturing shop
All graduates will take part in six weeks of line training. This will mean that for those six weeks you will work on an area where we build the cars down on the shop floor. Although tough, this experience is extremely rewarding and interesting and gives you a real hands-on insight into what Toyota Manufacturing is all about. We believe this experience is crucial for your personal development and rather unique to our company.
We place great emphasis on learning by doing - usually through structured, on-the-job training. Our graduate programme is assessed and designed to help you reach the standard needed to move into a specialist position at the end of the 2-year programme.
What we look for
Alongside having a consistently strong academic record, with a minimum 2:1 predicted degree result, we are looking for people who actively want to learn from others and are motivated to take on new challenges with a positive mindset. We believe that there's always a better way, therefore if you share our values and thrive on analysing problems from different angles to develop solutions, you could go a long way with us. Similarly, taking a practical approach to your work is important – you will need to be as comfortable on the shop floor as you are in the office.
Right to live and work in the UK & ideally UK driving license.