Anti Money Laundering Investigator Graduate
Wise is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
We’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 9 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
We’re creating a scalable, high performing platform for our customers. And we need smart graduates to join us in our mission.
Join the Wise Anti Money Laundering team as an Investigator, and solve cases with your inquisitive mind. After some initial guidance and training, you’ll quickly be responsible for investigating your own cases.
How you’ll contribute to our AML team:
- Help take Wise to the next level as we scale to impact 100’s of millions more customers
- Ensure Wise is taking responsibility and doing the right thing. Contribute to the risk and compliance procedures put in place at Wise to help prevent money laundering
- Take responsibility for vital investigations, and have an impact on the overall delivery of your team
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact. We believe people do great things when they can act autonomously. You can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise, but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be flexible in how, where and when you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different - so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel (when things go back to normal) to work with our teams in different locations. You’ll also meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
What does it take?
- A final year student studying a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Law, Financial Risk, Compliance or a field of Criminology
- Able to start a full time graduate job in September 2021
- Knowledge of the key principles of AML eg placement, layering & integration
- An exceptionally inquisitive mind. You naturally question and look for more information where available
- A great eye for detail. You are meticulous and can look at information with factual precision
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal. You are skilled in report writing and can filter for relevant information quickly
- Able to articulate and justify your decisions. You are confident and comfortable making independent judgement calls
- Ability to work under pressure. You can multitask efficiently and take responsibility in challenging situations
- Curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- A true team player but happy working alone on independent projects
- You are open to and value feedback in order to improve
- Eligible to work in Tallinn
...Don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
What the first six months will look like:
- Onboard and spend some time understanding your team and tribe’s vision. Once you know this, you’ll better understand how you can contribute
- Understand the set up, how your team works at Wise and what each team and tribe does. From Fraud to Anti Money Laundering teams - there are lots! Don’t worry, we’ll help you get acquainted
- Learn the main principles of AML and how things get investigated at Wise. Gain a better understanding of the theoretical frameworks and tools, before you go ahead and put them into practice
- After working alongside a mentor, with guidance and coaching along the way, you’ll be given your own case load. You’ll take ownership as an Investigator and work autonomously with lots of responsibility
What you get back:
- 🚀 Stock options in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏃♀️ Lots of team activities (currently being done remotely)
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.