Software Engineering Internship - Tallinn
Wise is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
We’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 9 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
We’re creating a scalable, high performing platform for our customers. And, we need smart interns to join us in our mission.
At Wise you’ll work on challenging technical problems across the full product life-cycle and you’ll build systems that give our customers a great experience.
How you’ll contribute to our Engineering team:
- Help us take Wise to the next level as we scale to impact millions more customers
- Help your team build seamless experiences for our customers
- Work on the core flow of Wise and help guide our customers. From their first experience on our landing page, to completing a transfer, you’ll help make sure they’re informed every step of the way
- Create clear and helpful interfaces, by understanding the challenges our customers may face along the way. This will be at the core of what you do
- Work on a real project. We can’t say what project yet, but your internship will be centred around this
The intern programme will give you the opportunity to:
- Learn and develop professionally. You’ll work closely with your Wise team. You’ll learn by doing. And you’ll be guided and supported along the way
- Understand the Wise way through lots of opportunities to learn about our business and how it works
- Broaden your network. There are a LOT of experienced people here at Wise who are keen to share their experience and knowledge with you. They’ll want to learn from you and get your perspective on things too
- Choose your path to impact. We believe people do great things when they can act autonomously. So instead of being told what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. You can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise, but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be flexible in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different – so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel (when things go back to normal) to work with our teams in different locations. You’ll also meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
- At the end of the internship you may have the chance to secure a graduate job
What does it take?
- You are a penultimate year student studying a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Computer Science (or any other STEM subject)
- You are available to start a full time graduate role in 2022
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and software design
- A side project(s) that you are proud to present. This might be something you have self started, or a university project you are working on
- Curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- You thrive on being part of a team
- A positive can do attitude. You are always focussed on the solution once you understand the problem
- You are open to and value feedback in order to improve
- A basic knowledge in modern web technologies and a strong interest in web development
- Motivation to become a developer with a product mindset (not just a coder)
- Eligible to work in London
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
What you’ll get?
- 🚀 An amazing opportunity to kick start your career
- 💪 Lots of opportunities for self development
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏃♀️Lots of team activities (currently being done remotely)
- 🏝️ The potential of securing a graduate position for 2022
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.