MBA Operations Marketplace Intern
The UKI Marketplace team is looking for an Intern to join the team. The team's mission is to ensure that customers in UKI have a reliable and convenient service at all times in all places. This is a hugely meaningful task that requires our brightest minds to tackle sophisticated product and operational challenges. You'll use analytical and operational knowledge to improve decision making and impact business outcomes, working on projects that improve marketplace efficiency and rider experience.
This particular role will focus on using data to diagnose issues, building out new processes for actioning anomalies, and improving the rider experience for the occasions that matter most e.g. airport pickups, train stations, major events.
What You'll Do
- Use internal tools and data to find and diagnose marketplace issues
- Build dashboards to support anomaly detection and actioning
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate processes
- Present findings on a regular basis to the leadership team
- Optimize our mapping and venues to improve rider and driver experience
- Work with Central Operations on Airports: reporting, pickup, and drop-offs developing business cases
- Collaborate with local and other Central Operations teams, as well as marketing, product, and other functions, to ensure that insights advise broader critical initiatives
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Currently enrolled in MBA or Masters
- Availability to work 6 months full time in 2021 starting in February/March
- Working rights in UK (No sponsorship available)
- Business Insight: Understanding and being fully aware of how our business operates and how it makes money and sustains profitable growth, now and in the future
- Communication: Using communication skills and situational awareness to clearly deliver information to a variety of audiences
- Planning and Organization: Setting up and maintaining systems to appropriately structure and keep track of tasks and projects
- Problem Solving: Effectively resolving issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic and common sense
- Stakeholder Management: Taking time to build helpful relationships; earning the trust of others within the organization through strong situational awareness and reliability
- Teamwork: Demonstrates optimism, respects others and works well in a team
- 2 years of experience in strategy/consulting/business intelligence or related experience
- SQL proficiency is preferred, willingness to learn is essential
Internships @ Uber
Perks & Benefits: We offer an above-average monthly internship allowance, Uber credits, and much more!
You have the rare chance to create a global impact - we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics. We offer expansive mentorship from Uber employees to guide you through your internship experience and for you to build personal networks and friendships with hardworking people who share your passion for technology.