2021 12 Month Placement Programme - Asset Management
You’ll get to join one of our teams in a variety of different areas:
• Traditional Investments - where our specialists and portfolio managers provide clients with access to our best ideas, people and superior investment performance across Fixed Income and Equity markets.
• Alternative Investments - where our business manages everything from Real Estate investments globally to Private Markets and Infrastructure. Other Alternatives teams also cover Hedge Fund Solutions and UBS O'Connor.
• Chief Operating Office (COO) - who help us oversee the operational environment within Asset Management and ensure that the operating model is aligned with the strategy.
• Client Coverage - where we believe in building on our ongoing dialogue between clients and client facing professionals to form strong relationships.
You’ll work in Asset Management, a large-scale asset manager with well-diversified businesses across regions, capabilities and distribution channels. You’ll be a part of one of the leading fund houses in Europe, the largest mutual fund manager in Switzerland, and one of the largest fund of hedge funds and real estate investment managers in the world.
You need to be enrolled at university, studying towards a degree with a placement year and be on track for, a 2:1 or the equivalent in your first undergraduate degree. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan, organize and communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task
- work in a team
- come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
On this 12 month industrial placement, you’ll get to join one of our teams within UBS Asset Management. You’ll still be working toward your university degree course while getting the opportunity to be a real part of the team, working with our experts and learning about the industry, our clients, our firm and a specific area of it. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and make contacts. And if you impress us, your placement may result in a full time graduate position.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.