Ultimate Products has evolved from a local business into a global success with a turnover now exceeding £100 million.
We are a rapidly expanding major supplier of branded consumer goods and work alongside over 300 world-class retailers to bring quality goods to market. We have offices around the world including the UK, China, Hong Kong, Germany, Holland and Belgium. Our brand portfolio has grown extensively across our 12 product divisions and our prominent brands include Beldray, Russell Hobbs, Progress, Intempo and Salter.
An international PLC business, we’re committed to providing the latest trends on the consumer market and delivering an end to end service to our customers. Our retail partners include UK and international retailers such as B&M, Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Argos, B&Q, and TKMaxx.
At UP we pride ourselves on delivering tomorrow’s products today.
We have a new job opportunity available within our IT and Software Development Team to assist on a key programming and software development projects.
This team strive to use technology and bespoke software to:
- Streamline internal procedures,
- Remove long winded manual processes
- Integrate external systems to speed up our supply chain
- Enhance employee productivity.
Working alongside the Operations Director and Head of IT, as a Graduate Junior Developer you will use your existing C# and SQL programming skills to build bespoke systems and software to enhance productivity across our Global company. The role will cover a broad spectrum of developer skills and languages, but it a necessity of the role that the person is competent in C# and SQL
You will be working on a variety of briefs that will enhance your current skills and broaden your knowledge and wider programming experience.
Key Duties Include
- Support and maintain current software and business systems
- Design and build new bespoke systems and software
- Work with departments and users to identify new solutions using technology
Your Development Programme
Join one of the fastest-growing graduate schemes in the North West and start your Ultimate journey. We pride ourselves on providing training and development opportunities within all Graduate roles to ensure your knowledge, skills and experience continue to evolve and progress the more time you spend with the company.
In this role we will be aiming to provide:
- External training courses to further enhance your SQL skills
- Additional external training courses including
- Microsoft BI
- Reporting & Crystal reporting
- VBA (Visual Basic)
- Enhanced Excel
Internal training on
- HTML / CSS
Internal coaching and experience with
- Process Development Director
- Operations Director
- Head of IT
This role is ideal for a person looking to develop a broad range of skills and experiences to become a multi skilled programmer/developer that is creating business critical bespoke software every single week.
What we look for
Our ideal candidates will be focussed, driven and enthusiastic with an interest in pursuing a career in a leading international business. Application requirements:
- Recent degree at 2:1 or above in either Computer science, programming or software development.
- Minimum 6 months’ work experience, ideally within an office-based environment
- SQL – essential
- C# – essential
- Experience with Web API, JSON and REST API – essential
- HTML/CSS – desirable
- ASP.net – desirable
- Numerical skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ability to use excel for analysing data
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Assertive and confident with a proactive approach to work
- Local to Greater Manchester
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary structure with excellent progression
- Staff discounts on our own and branded products
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays after your first 12 months with the Company
- Company contribution pension scheme
- Bonus for 100 % attendance
- Free eye test and contribution to lenses of up to £100
- Annual Christmas parties and celebrations throughout the year
- Team social events
- Funded external training
- The role offers a very competitive salary package, additional benefits and fantastic career progression whilst working with some of the biggest retail consumer goods brands and retailers across the World.
Another Big Year for UP
This last year has been our biggest and best year yet with over 100 jobs being offered. Ultimate Products’ have now progressed to a PLC business after floating on the London Stock Exchange and we have now opened a state of the art showroom in Germany to complement our expansion plans into Europe. The business continues to expand globally and as such there are numerous job and career opportunities available. It is a fantastic time to join a fast paced, growing and dynamic business that puts people and product at the heart of everything that it does.