Gas Turbine Combustion Engineer Placement Nottingham 2024
The Gas Turbine Services team is dedicated to the provision of engineering and scientific support to gas-fired power generation plant including Combined Cycle Gas Turbines (CCGT) and Combined Heat & Power (CHP). Activities include analysis of plant operating data to improve emissions or performance, and inspection of engine components to assess their suitability for repair or reuse.
The team works closely with Monitoring Centre colleagues to assess combustion system health using state of the art remote systems along with in-house developed data management packages. We also provide expertise to support the definition and implementation of new legislation and standards relating to fuel gas quality and power plant emissions. Supporting our power generation business in ensuring compliance with environmental legislation is a key objective for the team.
We are Uniper
At Uniper, we are pro-actively transforming the world of energy whilst at the same time ensuring security of energy supply. As an internationally operating company, we work in very diverse teams with the greatest possible working time flexibility for our employees.
Our corporate culture is characterized by equal opportunities, mutual appreciation, and respect. With us, you will be able to develop new business models, work on technological solutions for a modern, sustainable, and future-oriented energy supply as well as pro-actively help to shape changes. Interested? Then we will look forward to meeting you!
- You will support the team in carrying out in-depth analysis; manipulating large quantities of operating data to improve our gas turbines’ environmental and commercial performance.
- You will develop new and existing systems using your skills in science and engineering, and problem solving.
- There will also be opportunities for practical on-site support activities, working alongside experienced engineers.
- This placement offers a self-motivated and driven individual the opportunity to build valuable experience and transferable skills, together with the chance to work with other teams and departments within our business and gain a broad appreciation of the activities within the Uniper organisation.
- Working towards a degree in Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or related subject.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, with particular attention to detail.
- Ability to understand complex engineering concepts and apply them to real-world problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive and initiative to promote continuous improvements to the team’s activities.
- Demonstrated experience of analysing large quantities of data in Excel.
- An interest in engineering and the power sector.
- Ability to plan, manage and deliver demanding projects to specified timescales.
- A full UK driving licence.
At Uniper, we not only reward our employees with attractive salaries, an excellent company pension and health related benefits for their hard work and dedication to shaping the future energy transition. You can also expect a supportive working culture that offers a wide range of creative and innovative ideas. We enable various flexible working arrangements, whilst also supporting with home office equipment.
Through regular training and workshops, together we work towards visualising yourself in our company as if it were your own. We support you in highlighting your individual potential, achieving your personal goals, and reaching your ambitions. We invite you to become part of our diverse company with international colleagues from more than 80 countries. As an employer, Uniper has committed itself to providing special support to certain areas:
- Competitive salary
- Personal development and Learning opportunities
- Enhanced company pension – With up to 12% company contributions
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Free electric vehicle charging at our sites
- In house Occupational Health Services
- Company funded Private Medical Insurance including free GP service
- Performance related benefits
- Access to a range of flexible benefits such as Share Incentive Plan, Dental, Critical Illness and Life Insurance, Cycle2Work, Health Care Cash plan or buy and sell extra holiday
- Future career opportunities (UK & International) with a strong focus on Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Our employees are the reason for our success. Therefore, you will find many other benefits at the local level to help you reach your potential. Energy evolutionary wanted!
Please note, any CV’s sent via email would not be taken into consideration. All CV’s must be submitted via the online application process only.
As an employer, Uniper is committed to diversity and equal opportunities. Therefore, we encourage applications from suitably qualified individuals whose capabilities match the role requirements regardless of gender, origin, disability, age, religion, ideology, sexual identity or marital status. We live inclusion and support flexible working.