Game/XR Production Placement 2021
At Unity, we believe the world is a better place with more creators in it. Our Certified Creator Network harnesses the power of global developer partners to bring best in class Unity skill to our customers. As our Games/XR production Intern, you will work closely with partners and internal leaders to produce exciting, bleeding edge content, games, and applications.
You will have the opportunity to work within our diverse and senior strategic partnerships team, learning and developing your skills. You will directly support a senior leader with a long track record of success producing video games. You will have the opportunity to work on tasks that will impact the team’s work and strategy and identify areas of opportunity for improvement and growth. You will develop a global network of connections in the games and XR industry. If you are passionate about game and XR development, this is a great opportunity to get your hands dirty in high profile projects alongside best in class industry talent.
This is an 11 month paid placement which starts in summer 2021.
What you'll be doing
- Creating reports and presentations from multiple data input streams whilst verifying the data we use
- Driving development of our Certified Creator Network - onboarding, evaluating, and certificating partners using tools provided by Unity
- Process documentation and education of developer network, internal and external customers
- Pipeline and Project Management
- Managing project report pipelines using tools provided by Unity
- Actively participating in resourcing and producing customer projects and supporting the relationship management of our partners
What we're looking for
- You should be currently studying and looking for a placement year/year in industry as part of your studies
- Strong motivation and curiosity to learn
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and creatively solve problems
- Course of study in computer science, technical art, or games development
You might also have
- Technical fluency
- Understanding of 3d visualization practices
- Understanding of CRM and JIRA tools
- Understanding of RT3D development processes
- Second Language: Mandarin, Spanish, or German preferred
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices.