Junior Commercial Manager 2021
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
This role has commercial, creative, and operations elements. Day to day is varied, fast paced, and often high pressure but always rooted in smart commercial strategy, exceptional fan experience authentic to our artists, and clear communication. There is an always-on approach and play-to-win ethos.
You’ll be running point on all eCommerce initiatives, working hand-in-hand with Marketing, Digital Marketing and CRM to optimise marketing for target products, informing eCommerce activities across the label with support from Central D2C.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Commercial acumen with a creative side, good communicator and problem solver
- Always on approach to eCommerce
- Support [ Director of Commercial & Streaming / Snr Commercial Manager ] in all online commercial strategy
- eComm reporting & consumer behaviour trends
- Run point on all label eCommerce campaigns, including ticketing & live event initiatives
- Optimise ROI of all artist stores with marketing and CRM
- Campaign and product analytics to create industry leading best practice, with support from Central D2C Ops Manager.
- Chart compliance in all eCommerce campaigns. Comprehensive understanding of OCC rules in order to ensure chart eligibility and workarounds if necessary.
- Ensure all ticketing opportunities are taken and optimised in line with artist campaign.
- Communicating profit shares with artists where EMI have merch rights.
- Create D2C merch campaign schedules, looking for opportunities with every artist from developing to established.
- Accountable for campaign successes and pitfalls. Identifying pitfalls and sharing learnings for future campaigns.
- Be a true advocate for EMI eCommerce and communicate the benefits and mechanics of specific campaign strategies and how they can work for each artist.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.