Junior Strategist 2021
You will be a part of Universal UK’s in house research, strategy and innovation unit - The Square.
Our mission is simple: Inform and inspire the company, get us closer to audiences, think bigger and think different.
As a Junior Strategist, you will support the team across a wide range of the work we do:
- Helping artists and labels use data and research to understand and grow their audiences
- Helping artist teams think strategically as well as creatively about their projects, releases and campaigns
- Educating labels and artist teams about relevant trends that drive their worlds and their futures
- Using data and insight to inform and inspire creativity
What you'll do
- Somebody who likes absorbing and understanding information rapidly
- Clear-minded and analytical – able to make sense of material, and to make the complex simple
- Flair for communication, written or spoken
- Naturally intellectually curious – abreast of trends in consumer culture, media and technology
- Rigorous standards of work, with the highest standards of attention to detail
- Interest in music and popular culture
We will provide a significant amount of training and development for this individual. We see this as an entry level opportunity to build a fulfilling career within a highly progressive end of the media and music industry.
What you'll need
- Understanding of key software – Word, PPT, Excel
- A proven track record or interest in the field of research/insight/strategy/planning highly desirable
What You'll Get
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com