University of Warwick Graduate Scheme 2021
The University of Warwick is a world-leading university with an acknowledged reputation for research, teaching, innovation, and links with business and industry. With over 7000 members of staff we're looking for new colleagues who can help us continue to make an impact locally and globally. Joining our graduate scheme, you’ll be at the heart of the University, working in a variety of professional services roles. You’ll gain hands-on experience of working on a number of high-profile projects whilst obtaining on-the-job learning as well as a structured professional development programme and a project management qualification.
Our three-year programme is designed to give you everything you need to start your leadership career; we’ll even enable to you to share your new skills and knowledge with our local community. One of your work placements will be with a local small company or charity where you’ll be able to share the knowledge you’ve learnt, providing them with practical and valuable support. The programme commences on 4th October 2021 and consists of three, eight-month placements, followed by a longer, final, one-year placement. Your placements are structured to give you exposure to a range of different areas of the University.
The eight-month placements enable you to develop your project management and business skills, learn how the University works as well as support the local community. Your final, year-long placement, enables you to put your new project management qualification into practice within a substantial business project.
- A competitive starting salary of £26,715.
- An attractive pension scheme.
- A generous annual leave entitlement, made up of 26 days annual leave, 4 customary days over Christmas, plus 8 statutory public holidays.
As part of the scheme, we will also provide you with a dedicated development programme to help you reach your potential. The development programme includes:
- A two-year development programme where you’ll have the opportunity to gain the Association of Project Management Project Management Qualification.
- An Emerging Leadership programme, equipping you with the skills to lead confidently during the scheme and prepare you for your future career.
What we require from you
In addition to aligning with our values, we’re looking for you to:
- Hold, or expect to gain, a minimum of a 2:1 in a first degree in any subject obtained in the last five years.
- Be interested in Higher Education as well as being a good team player, agile, flexible, self-motivating, excellent communicator, have great IT skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Be able to work autonomously, using own initiative, and be pro-active whilst working on varied projects.
- Be a great communicator, both orally and in written form.
- Have great team working skills and the ability to understand needs of, and work effectively with, others, including senior management and key stakeholders.
- Have strong organisational and time management skills, with ability to project plan and manage multiple deadlines/priorities.
- Work within changing and ambiguous situations, without stalling delivery plans.
- Consider how technology and digital approaches can be used to solve problems and meet growth aspirations.
- Be able to use Microsoft Office, incl. Outlook and Teams.
To apply for this scheme you must have the right to work in the UK and already have a visa in place for the duration of the scheme.