Graduate Engineer Kilkenny 2024
Veolia is Ireland’s leading environmental services company. We provide a comprehensive range of energy, waste and water solutions and are dedicated to carbon reduction, protecting the environment and building the circular economy. We offer all employees a benefits package as standard which includes full VHI cover, pension and education assistance.
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone. It's why we're looking for someone who's just as committed as we are, to push for genuine change and bring our ambition of Ecological Transformation to life.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
Overview of the role
We are seeking to recruit Engineering Graduates to join our busy Technical and EICA division based in Kilkenny.
As part of our Technical or EICA division, you will be working on a number of engineering activities on a specific project or multiple projects dependent on capacity, size and complexity. Projects will include working on a variety of projects related to WasteWater Treatment Plants and Fresh Water Treatment Plants. The day to day roles will vary depending on the scope of the projects and you will be supported by a Design or Project Manager.
As a dynamic and progressive company, we encourage our employees to be ambitious and forward thinking so if you are seeking continued growth and have a drive to progress within an organisation Veolia Ireland can offer you career enhancement opportunities and the learning and development supports to achieve your goals.
Duties of the role
The following are potential positions in which the successful candidates may find themselves working in at Veolia:
- Process Engineer
- Working across water and wastewater systems
- Provide process support and troubleshooting advice to clients
- Carry out concept designs and evaluation of different treatment processes
- Assist in completion of detailed process design on live projects
- Provide process support to Veolia operational sites in the identification and implementation of operational efficiency projects
- Undertaking water chemistry analysis to assist in evaluation of site processes
- Work within the overall design team incorporating process, mechanical, electrical, automation and civil disciplines
- Conducting site surveys
- Assisting with start-up and commissioning of new works across sites in Ireland
- Design Engineer
- Assist in developing detailed designs
- Preparation of drawings using CAD & REVIT with emphasis on BIM
- Preparation of design submissions with support from the Design Engineers/Senior Design Engineers
- Liaising with M&E Designers, Civil & Structural Designers and the client
- Pipework & Valeve Take-offs
- Procurement Specifications
Required skills for this role
- Minimum NFQ Level 8 degree in a Engineering discipline (Required)
- Ability to work on own initiative and effectively manage & coordinate design /site activities
- IT skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland. If you are a non-EU/EEA national , you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining greencard permits ,work permits, spousal/dependant permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation website.