Business Graduate Programme 2021
As a Business Graduate you will gain an unrivalled insight into the workings of Verastar and have an incredible opportunity to develop a wide range of skills including people management, teamwork, project management and stakeholder management.
Before settling into your permanent role you’ll complete a structured 18-month development programme with the following rotations.
- Setting You Up to Succeed (6-months) – You’ll complete a strategic business rotation plan in our Customer facing teams and gain first-hand knowledge of how we attract, support and grow our customer base.
- Starting to Specialise (12-months) – Once you've learnt how we do things you'll begin specialising in up to two of the following business areas;
- Legal and Compliance
- Customer Service
- Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Utility Operations
- Business Insurance
- Debt Recovery
- IT Software Development
- 3 business projects – working with senior business leaders and other Graduates the projects will give you the opportunity to showcase your abilities and directly impact change in the Company.
If you have a minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline (or 2:2 if you have a master’s degree or higher) we’d love to hear from you. In addition, you will need to show the following:
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed in a business environment
- Commercial awareness that supports effective business decision making
- A well-rounded skill set and ability to adapt to different departments, processes and roles
- A united approach to teamwork and ability to communicate at all levels, from front line staff to members of senior management, including Company Directors
- An open mind and a passion to learn the business from the bottom up
- Eligibility to live and work permanently in the UK
Why Choose us
Across The Verastar Group, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive team and celebrating our diversity. Not only because this is the right thing to do, but also because we understand the commercial advantages that come with having a range of experiences, cultures and voices within our team. We aim for our colleague mix to reflect the diverse communities in which we operate and we’re striving to achieve this every day.
We all have a role to play in creating a great working environment which welcomes and celebrates difference, and which we can all feel proud to be part of. That’s why we offer a fantastic starting salary as well as providing outstanding on-site facilities, including parking, a free gym and a discounted café - complete with a bar for after-work get togethers.
Our core values embody the way we look after our customers, and the way we treat each other:
UNITED – We are ONE team
PASSIONATE – We go the extra mile
INNOVATIVE – We find a better way
STRAIGHTFORWARD – We keep things simple
Verastar was established in 1998 and is one of the UK’s leading providers of essential services to small businesses. We supply a wide range of essential services – Fixed Lines, Broadband, Mobile, Water, Gas, Green Electricity and Insurance through our sister company The Insurance Octopus. Our goal is to simplify essential services for our customers by offering the widest range of products on the market. Not only have we experienced continued growth and strong financial performance as a result, we have been recognised by the following awards:
- The Lloyds Bank National Business Awards 2019
- Greater Manchester Business Awards 2019
- Lanarkshire Business Excellence Awards 2019
- Flexible Working
- Bonus & Commission Schemes
- Buy & Sell holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Annual Pay Review
- Cycle to Work Scheme