Graduate Category Assistant
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role
We have a number of fantastic opportunities across our categories, as Category Assistants . This role will allow you to further develop your skills with dual specialisms of buying and merchandising, sharpen up your trading skills and hone your commercial knowledge along the way too!
- Own the end to end product set up, through to go live and trading
- Creating line level product forecasts and order requirements in response to performance and stock holding to maximise both availability and stock efficiency
- Manage stock through critical path management, progression and replenishment whilst identifying where price/promotional activity is required
- Conducts regular market research to recognise any issues on pricing or competitor activity and make recommendations
- May own a supplier, or product attribute, from range building, through forecasting, trading and promo activity (funding) (dependant on desire to progress)
- May be involved in sourcing or onboarding new suppliers or brands
- Produce adhoc reports for the wider category, including for example, SMART availability and Broken promises commentary and actions
Relationship building is essential as strong relationships will be required within the immediate team, across the business and with external suppliers.
- Relationship management: both internally and externally will be important, building strong relationships to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Marketing: Development of Marketing plans and manage through the business, liaising with appropriate functions both internally as well as within supply base.
- Commercial awareness: Awareness of the market is key, keeping track of competitor activity and actively looking for ways to drive overall category trading performance.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A recent graduate from 2020 or graduating this year with either a business/marketing/economics degree
- Solutions and delivery focused, a decision maker who can work under pressure, obsess over the customer, and make the right choices to benefit their experience.
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Positive, driven and brings energy to the role
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Adapts to change and demonstrates resilience
- Lives the Values
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options