EMEA Communications Intern 2022
The position of EMEA Communications Intern offers a great opportunity to be part of a fast-paced team that creates impactful communications for VMware. It provides the chance to join a successful, experienced, and creative team and to develop skills across connected communications across multiple disciplines including Public Relations, Employee Communications, Executive Communications, and social media.
Reporting to the EMEA Communications Director, you will work across a team of communications specialists to design and deliver a variety of programs and campaigns across the entire EMEA business driving our reputation, supporting our company story, and ensuring consistency on how people inside and outside the company talk about our organisation.
Success in the Role
What are the performance outcomes you will work towards completing?
You will be introduced to the full communications spectrum in this role, offering a variety of opportunities to demonstrate success and outcomes. During the initial phase, you will engage across the team to gain insights and learn how the team operates and measures its success. There will be a strong emphasis on collaboration, engagement and learning across the communications specialists during this time.
As you build your confidence, you will increasingly work with the team to provide programmatic input across campaigns and programs. You will demonstrate a willingness and enthusiasm to engage on key projects bringing a fresh lens to approaches that the team can take and driving forward to successful execution.
With the full support and advice of the team, you will begin to identify communication projects that you can build and deliver always with a connected communications approach, and with a close eye on the impact delivered.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Demonstrate strong program management skills by working across the team to ensure high quality delivery and execution of key internal/external programs and campaigns
- Work with the team on key campaign initiatives including coordinating content and amplification efforts
- Engage and collaborate on communication-led events, i.e., VMworld Europe, MWC, Town Halls, Worldwide Sales kick-off
- Assist and be motivated in connected communications content curation and delivery across programs and campaigns
- Support on employee communication managed initiatives i.e., EMEA Town Hall, Employee Communications channels, and toolkits. This will involve producing briefing books, ppt decks, coordinating various logistical elements as well as on-day support
- Support the wider team with processes and programs across EMEA Communications such as stakeholder social amplification programs and content coordination
- Liaise with DEI teams to provide Employee and External Comms support for events, publications and driving project awareness
- Assist in the promotion of VMware’s ESG initiatives through information sourcing, amplifying employee engagement across EMEA
- Manage requests from EMEA Comms stakeholders including fact-finding, logistical or copywriting
- Take lead on EMEA Comms team activities and planning days. This involves management of any Service-Learning activities EMEA Comms creates
- Liaise with wider teams and stakeholders, i.e., Customer Programs, allow EMEA Comms to collaborate with a broad range of VMware teams
- Take responsibility for process-driven elements of ongoing internal and external initiatives
What is the Leadership like for this Role? What is the Structure and Culture of the Team Like?
Cherry Gray is the manager for the EMEA Communications Intern role. She will ensure that you are successful, enjoy and learn in this role and will, together with EMEA Communications team, provide continued guidance, support and learning opportunities.
Where is this Role Located?
The location of this role is flexible within the UK. We have UK offices based in Staines, which is preferable location, and London but role can be held remotely from any other location.
What are the perks of working at VMware as an Intern?
You will be in a work environment that promotes your health and wellbeing through flexible working hours, EPIC 2 Days Off and other Wellness Actives.
Grow your career through various programs such as Women Connecting Women Mentorship Program, involvement in our DE&I Power of Difference Communities and a range of fun social activities and specific Intern Learning and Development Tracks.
You will have the opportunity to build your network across the EMEA region and beyond and give back to your local community with 8hrs of VMware Service Learning.
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly.
Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.