Communications Placement Milton Keynes 2024
As the Communications Undergraduate, your main purpose is to support the Internal Communications team in the planning, creation and distribution of content and activity across the business. This content is designed to inform, engage and motivate colleagues at VWFS.
As part of our team you will support us to drive our internal communications and employee engagement, which will encourage our colleagues to give their best each day. You’ll be involved in a broad range of strategic initiatives from culture change and diversity and inclusion to charity and sustainability.
What you could be doing
- No one day will be the same; one day you’ll be creating our colleague newsletter and the next you’ll be assisting with organising an event for our 1200 strong work force
- You will take on a lot of responsibility for our intranet including the planning and uploading of content and creating the weekly newsletter
- You will maintain our annual communications plan, keeping the team focused, delivering at pace and, on time
- Support in writing and distributing internal communications and work on employee engagement campaigns
- Provide creative and logistical support for all communications and engagement activities to the wider business
- You will support with logistics and preparations for internal events and stakeholder meetings including creating slides and materials
- You are also involved with creating all promotional material and filming/editing any post event videos
- Liasing with key stakeholders in the business to help share updates with our colleagues, whether it’s about an IT system upgrade or how to book holiday
- You will manage analytics and reporting on the effectiveness of our communications and make recommendations to help increase employee awareness and engagement
- You will also be involved in Marketing and Innovation team engagement and, development activities
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- Studying towards a Communications, Marketing, Media or Business related degree
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet short deadlines
- You will be a great communicator and enjoy forming and building relationships
- Excellent written communication and proof reading skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, emphasis on quality and consistency
- You will have a creative flair, with media skills such as video creation and editing
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Highly PC literate, especially in the use of MS Office
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.