Credit Assessment Placement Milton Keynes 2024
Our department is at the heart of VWFS and without it we would not be able to support both the sales and retailer network to deliver their strategic goals and ultimately get our customers driving VW Group cars. Your main responsibility within this role is to deliver a best in class service to our retail partners for all brands within the whole Volkswagen Group. You’ll achieve this by approving finance applications for new and used vehicles for both retail & corporate customers.
Within this role, you will be given real responsibility to take ownership of your workload in a continuously busy and time-fulfilling environment. After working in this department for your placement year you will gain huge insight and knowledge into the full customer and business customer journey, giving you a better understanding and broad knowledge of the Automotive industry.
You will be able to work alongside experienced stakeholders with the opportunity to get involved in project work and really build on those key skills you will need when you return to University and, for a future career in a financially regulated business.
What you could be doing
- You will have the ability to underwrite for all types of customers
- You will handle inbound and outbound calls to the Underwriting department by our retail network and full telephone training will be provided
- Stakeholder engagement and management of the retailer network, Sales teams and other internal departments
- Check and verify all proofs of identification received for customers via the retailer network
- You will assess customer documentation to establish affordability for their loan
- Investigate referrals flagged by a fraud officer in line with procedure
- Ensuring key controls are followed in order to protect the interests of the company
- You have the opportunity to participate in ad-hoc project work
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- You will be studying towards a Business, Economics or Finance related degree
- You will have logical thought processes when making decisions
- Be self-motivated and driven to complete individual deadlines
- Have the ability to multitask and manage high volumes of tasks
- Have a strong focus on ensuring good customer outcomes
- You will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fully PC literate with the ability to learn new system and applications
- You can focus on detail and are inquisitive when solving problems
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.