Executive & Strategy Placement Milton Keynes 2024
Are you looking for a placement opportunity that gives you real responsibility and first-hand experience for your future? Our Executive & Strategy placement could be for you!
Working within our Executive team, you will assist in the planning of all strategic and executive activities. You will assist in the facilitation of all Board meetings and related activities and, manage action plans and enterprise deliverables, whilst supporting the team with numerous key projects. This role will give you exposure to every facet of our business.
What you could be doing
- You will provide administrative support, co-ordination and facilitation of meetings, workshops and committees related to Executive and Strategic activity
- You will produce monthly action plans and track, monitor and update all activity and deliverables
- You will liaise closely with Internal Communications to ensure all Executive and Strategic related activity is shared across the organisation
- Support your colleagues in each of their Business lead roles including proactively identifying improved ways of working
- Under guidance of the Executive team, you will undertake research and investigation for key topics for inclusion in comprehensive recommendations and business benefits cases
- You will also support the Executive team in sponsored investigations, fact finds and projects
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- You will be studying towards a Business, Commercial or Finance based degree
- You can communicate clearly and confidently with all individuals both verbally and in writing
- Good organisation skills with the ability to deal with a large variety and volume of tasks
- You have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Use your own initiative to answer questions, solve queries and find solutions
- Good excel skills and can analyse data
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.