Marketing Placements Milton Keynes 2024
We have two Marketing Placement opportunities and you will work across a number of different marketing teams. It’s an exciting opportunity for a future Marketing professional to play a vital role in helping shape the customer journey to grow our portfolio and support the Volkswagen Group brands.
Marketing Executive Undergraduate
Partnering closely with internal stakeholders, the Marketing team works across all mediums from traditional media including TV & Radio through to more specialist Digital channels. Never quiet and always challenging, if you are interested in a career in marketing it is a rewarding and exciting role to undertake during your placement year.
As a key member of the Marketing team, you will have a range of responsibilities. You could be creating clear and concise briefs for marketing jobs and project manage these through content creation, proof reading and stakeholder approval. Alongside agency and supplier management, to ensure tasks are delivered on time and to budget. You will also prepare retailer communications from approval to publication.
You will support the Marketing Managers in the delivery of their brand materials and attend regular meetings with the brands and internal stakeholders. Proactively review stock reports for point of sale and merchandise, assisting the team with reprints and artwork amends to ensure stock is always available.
Product Marketing Undergraduate
The Product Marketing Undergraduate will report to the Insurance Marketing Manager and be involved across the entire marketing lifecycle from concept proposal and development to project delivery. This opportunity will give you the chance to work alongside a wide range of stakeholders and really give you a kick start to your marketing career.
You will work with the Insurance Product Marketing Managers on the development and delivery of marketing campaigns across a range of different channels, with the opportunity to create and update content across our branded insurance websites to ensure these are up to date and accessible to the customer.
You will also develop a key understanding of the customer journey through to conversion and recommend changes to increase traffic and sales. Consistently ensuring a quality output in keeping with stakeholder’s expectations is vital to this role. Along with creating fully evaluated business proposals to gain approval from key internal stakeholders.
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- Have a proven record of academic success with an interest in marketing
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- You have a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- You use your own initiative to solve problems and answer queries
- Able to research and pull information together to support projects and other initiatives
- You will be able to communicate clearly with the business both verbally and in writing
- MS Office proficiency, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- You are able to analyse, interpret data and communicate your findings
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.