Supply Chain Placement Milton Keynes 2024
Our Fleet Supply Team manage the relationships between VWFS and our suppliers. We need to be the experts in the products that those suppliers provide, the overall marketplace and the contracts that are in place. Some of our current suppliers include the RAC, British Car Auctions and ATS.
This exciting opportunity will teach you how to manage those relationships, become an expert in our field and give you a great foundation for a career in the automotive industry in the future. You’ll achieve this by providing support to the team for your placement year.
What you could be doing
- You will support the Supply team by collating and analysing supplier performance
- Carry out market research to ensure the solutions offered are market leading and deliver real value to the customer
- Support the Fleet Supplier Managers in review meetings as well as preparation of performance reports to drive improvements
- You will be one of the initial contact points for a variety of stakeholders who have queries regarding the suppliers or the services they provide
- Analyse data, looking for trends and opportunities for both Fleet Sales and the Customer
- You will add value at every customer touch point and ensure that customers are armed with the right level of appropriate information to make informed decisions whilst maximising our business opportunity
What can you bring with you?
- You will be enrolled at a University which offers a 1 year industrial placement
- You will be studying towards a Business related degree
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the confidence to manage relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Ability to work in a team environment whilst maintaining individual ownership
- Help the team deliver continuous business change through innovative thinking
- Full PC literacy essential, including Microsoft Office products, excel skills are an advantage
- Strong Customer focus essential with a determination to resolve Customer queries first time
What we can offer you
- Salary of £20,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- A wealth of experience and a fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- You’ll be joining a group of 49 undergraduates so you’ll have a large group of colleagues so that you can support each other throughout your placement year
- Life Skills workshops, designed specifically for you as an Undergraduate
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Physical and mental health support with our Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- Hybrid blend of working at our office based in Milton Keynes and working from home
What to expect from the assessment process
Once you have decided our placement is for you, click the apply button and fill out some quick multiple-choice questions to support your application. We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application to advise if you have been progressed to the next stage. You will then be invited to complete an online video interview where you have the opportunity to tell us about you and your amazing qualities.
If you are successful after completing your video interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Milton Keynes offices. Here, you will complete a Competency Based Interview, deliver a Presentation and take part in a Group Exercise. We’ll provide you with appropriate support and guidance before you attend.
This process is designed to help both you and us decide if a placement at Volkswagen Financial Services is the best step for you to kick start your future!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Our mission is straight forward, we want to be 'The Key to Mobility'. What does that mean? To make getting from A-to-B as easy and simple for as many people as possible. To truly meet the mobility needs of people in a changing world, our offering goes beyond traditional vehicle financing. We do this by offering a range of finance and aftersales products on Volkswagen Group vehicles, as well as developing innovative mobility products designed to solve real problems.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from everyone. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement for us and we are nurturing an environment where everyone can be their 100% self. If there is anything we can do to support you being your 100% self during our recruitment process, please let us know and we will support you as best we can.
Please do not apply for more than one placement role. This will ensure that you are considered for the placement that you are most interested in and your skills are aligned to.