Finance Undergraduate Placement 2024
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of
Who we are
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your new role
The Finance Placement Interns will support the Warner Bros. Discovery Finance teams with day-to-day tasks including financial reports, forecasts, data analysis, cashflow reviews and other ad-hoc tasks.
Your role accountabilities
- Assist in the set up / roll forward for reports supporting the month end and the quarterly forecast cycles.
- Assist with month end close (validations, Cost Centre analysis and management reporting).
- Take ownership of & maintain the department calendar listing all key monthly & forecast / budget tasks & milestones and help ensure compliance with Group reporting timetables for all relevant Finance deliverables.
- Support consolidation in excel of management information from the submitted Opco forecast models - eg risks & opportunities summaries, capital expenditure summaries etc.
- Take ownership of the forecast data load (DPL) & validation processes into SAP and into the WB global overhead planning tool (GPP).
- Assist in the creation and ongoing maintenance of SAP BW reporting templates to support management information needs.
- Assist in the preparation of ad hoc financial reports and analysis, as required by Business Partners or the Executive Director, Management Reporting, including supporting the group management reporting activities as needed.
- Support cashflow review, forecasting & consolidation processes.
- Support the review processes for MPM (title codes) by running monthly reports, reviewing for compliance with required naming conventions and communication.
Qualifications & experience
- You must be a current University student in your 2nd year of study, looking to spend your 3rd year on placement and graduating no earlier than July 2026.
- Highly numerate with a high level of attention to detail & good written presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- An interest in maths and finance.
- Well organised & disciplined, with the ability to prioritise workloads & use time effectively.
- Confident, self-motivated, able to demonstrate initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Some exposure to Power BI would be beneficial.
- Salary: £23,000 p/a
- Contract Length: 12 months
- Start Date: 1st July 2024
- You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
- You will have access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers’ series, special screenings and more.
- You will be part of our Early Talent network of over 100 interns & apprentices, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
- Stage 1: Submit your CV by Sunday 26th November (you will not be able to apply after this date).
- Stage 2: For eligible candidates, you will be invited to complete a written questionnaire in HireVue. The deadline for this is Sunday 3rd December.
- Stage 3: Pre-recorded video interview via HireVue will be sent out, to be completed in January.
- Stage 4: Assessment Centres & Interviews will take place February-March.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback, but if you are unsuccessful we will aim to let you know within 6 weeks of the closing date.
How we get things done
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The legal bits
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.