Global Operations Merchandising Undergraduate Placement 2024
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who we are
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your new role
The Global Merchandising team is responsible for ensuring subscribers find something they want to watch every time they open the app. We work across all WBD streaming platforms, including Max, Discovery+ and HGTV, TNT Sports. We curate our catalogue to maximise exposure, optimise priority titles and drive impactful engagement.
Our team support a variety of divisions within WBD, including streaming and traditional, domestic and international, creative and business, operations and technical. Our collective goal as a team is to make our Direct-to-Consumer products as successful as possible.
We have an exciting opportunity for an intern to work in the Operations arm of the Global Merchandising team covering all regions (EMEA, APAC, UCAN, and LATAM). You will get the chance to work on numerous exciting projects, such as supporting the rollout of Max internationally and coverage of the Paris Olympics.
Your role accountabilities
- Assisting the team with planning improvements that can be made to our streaming platforms into a timeline, and documenting risks and dependencies for Merch Operations to manage and implement against.
- Working with Merchandising Operations across key markets to gather and review data / feedback from previous Max launches to inform future product needs.
- Collaborate with the team to establish key action points for implementing improvements, including identifying ownership of each improvement and the scope of the effort required.
- Conduct a competitor study to determine what new ideas we would want to use to enhance the consumer and merchandising experience.
- Support the team to launch Max in new markets or areas, including preparation, review of data and suggestions for the future based on analysis.
Qualifications & experience
- You must be a current University student in your 2nd year of study, looking to spend your 3rd year on placement and graduating no earlier than July 2026.
- Strong interest in Streaming.
- Core project/programme management skills (e.g., risk assessment, planning, prioritisation, estimating, programme roadmap management and reporting)
- Some experience with interpreting data and driving data-led solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet and Adobe Analytics would be advantageous.
- Salary: £23,000 p/a
- Contract Length: 12 months
- Start Date: 1st July 2024
- You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
- You will have access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers’ series, special screenings and more.
- You will be part of our Early Talent network of over 100 interns & apprentices, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
- Stage 1: Submit your CV by Sunday 26th November (you will not be able to apply after this date).
- Stage 2: For eligible candidates, you will be invited to complete a written questionnaire in HireVue. The deadline for this is Sunday 3rd December.
- Stage 3: Pre-recorded video interview via HireVue will be sent out, to be completed in January.
- Stage 4: Assessment Centres & Interviews will take place February-March.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback, but if you are unsuccessful we will aim to let you know within 6 weeks of the closing date.
How we get things done
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The legal bits
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.