Learning & Development Undergraduate Placement 2024
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who we are
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your new role
The Warner Bros Discovery Learning and Development Team is a global team within the People and Culture group, which helps the organisation drive a highly engaged and high-performing culture through supporting all employees with their learning and development. Our strategy involves building a growth mindset across the organisation, and inspiring and enabling world class leaders and managers who, in turn, lead highly engaged and high-performing teams.
The Learning and Development team for WBD made up of smaller teams with different focus areas. This role will sit in the Operations team and support on projects across all the teams that sit in the wider Learning and Development team.
Your role accountabilities…
- Project work: supporting various projects in areas that span the scope of the wider L&D team, such as global leadership development, people management development, tech learning, open-enrolment programs, etc.
- Session producing: Providing set up and technical help within virtual live sessions
- Design & Communication: Support on the design and communications of learning content- learning resources, speaker sessions, bite-sized videos
- Evaluations: Collect, analyse and present evaluation data
- Research: Evaluate and research current trends and innovations within the learning and development space
- Administrative Support: Support with coordination, administration and reporting when launching programs, training content, surveys, initiatives, etc. Supporting monitoring for/responding to Learning inbox inquiries, Learning platform user monitoring/maintenance, administering assessments for learning courses and teams.
Qualifications & experience
- You must be a current University student in your 2nd year of study, looking to spend your 3rd year on placement and graduating no earlier than July 2026.
- Strong interest in human resources and people development.
- Strong attention to detail and organisation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise in a professional and timely manner.
- Consistency with processes and daily tasks.
- Self-starter and proactive approach in resolving problems and issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general information and data.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel. Treat all with dignity and respect. Open and receptive to their needs.
- Troubleshooting & Efficiency skills – look for better ways of doing things and removing roadblocks.
- Ability to effectively present information in a clear manner, demonstrate procedures and respond to questions.
- Computer skills; ideally strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet multiple simultaneous deadlines.
- Confidence in public speaking/presentation skills.
- Salary: £23,000 p/a
- Contract Length: 12 months
- Start Date: 1st July 2024
- You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
- You will have access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers’ series, special screenings and more.
- You will be part of our Early Talent network of over 100 interns & apprentices, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
- Stage 1: Submit your CV by Sunday 26th November (you will not be able to apply after this date).
- Stage 2: For eligible candidates, you will be invited to complete a written questionnaire in HireVue. The deadline for this is Sunday 3rd December.
- Stage 3: Pre-recorded video interview via HireVue will be sent out, to be completed in January.
- Stage 4: Assessment Centres & Interviews will take place February-March.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback, but if you are unsuccessful we will aim to let you know within 6 weeks of the closing date.
How we get things done
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The legal bits
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.